Forest bows 16-Jul-18
Thunder Head 16-Jul-18
midwest 16-Jul-18
12yards 17-Jul-18
midwest 17-Jul-18
drycreek 17-Jul-18
Heartshot 17-Jul-18
11-Jul-18
Man I'm gone for 5 years and there is no exercise thread anymore? Is everyone using hoverboards or something?

11-Jul-18
main question, why have you been gone for 5 years? :>)

11-Jul-18
no time to exercise when you're busy manscaping

11-Jul-18
You baby. Real men get in shape while elk hunting.

11-Jul-18
Us real men save it all up for hunting season!

Only have so much exercise banked up (like vacation) and don’t want to use it all up before huntin’ season! ;^)

11-Jul-18
Welcome back, Barrett!

You start....what hunts do you have coming this fall and how are you training? :-)

11-Jul-18
We’ve “evolved” to electric bikes:)

11-Jul-18
Good one, Charlie!

Dang, you’ve missed a lot lately, Heartshot!

11-Jul-18
Yep. I have concluded that either everyone is muscular and in shape now or happy being fat and out of shape.

11-Jul-18
Lol Charlie! Fitness doesn’t become an issue until you get an elk on the ground. 5% success in Colorado...I like those odds! Give me another donut.

11-Jul-18
If you trip carrying all the extra weight of elk meat on your back it doesn’t hurt as much. Like bouncing off a rubber ball.

11-Jul-18
Barrett, I'm with you, I'm an exercise nut, Ha Ha!

ElkNut/Paul

11-Jul-18
Then makes a post and can’t answer anyone. See you in 5 more years

12-Jul-18
Welcome back!

Same old boring daily workouts for me...…..

It's a year round gig anymore for most all of us.

Good luck, Robb

12-Jul-18
Welcome back. I started the 21 day fix exercise program yesterday. Pretty sore today.

12-Jul-18
If you do a search there are several threads that discuss exercise. Most peeps start a little further out than 6 weeks and many attack the beast daily year around.

12-Jul-18
Lift and/or run/eliptical/walk 4-5 times per week.

12-Jul-18
My dog is too old to take on walks anymore. I did ride my bicycle twice this summer. An actual pedal bike, I'm converting my road bike to a gravel bike. I didn't draw a tag so I will hunt elk OTC on private property. I can get a ranch truck or ATV close enough to get elk out should I get lucky. So I'll take another donut and a few beers this afternoon. I'll start working out when it cools off.

12-Jul-18
Welcome back! It is scouting season which gets me the exercise I need. Well, maybe less than I need but it is what I get. Walking works for me.

12-Jul-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo

12-Jul-18
Chinese doctor says "heart only have so many beats"...that said, I train and shoot my bows all year long so I can hunt in September.

12-Jul-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I don't train for THIS season, I train for the next 20 plus seasons!

I had a heck of a spring completing Boston in horrible weather conditions, a local marathon which I PR'd, and my first 50 mile ultra all within 4 weeks. Spending more time lifting, running trails, and kickboxing class this summer. Shooting the bow daily and weekly weighted pack hikes are coming up.

Feeling pretty damn good and turning 60 in September!

12-Jul-18
I did a 1,000' climb with 40 pounds in my pack late yesterday. 90+ degrees and 70% humidity.

Being a flatlander sucks when it comes to mtn. hunting.

12-Jul-18
midwest, you're an inspiration, awesome feat & love the phrase (training for the next 20 years)!

ElkNut/Paul

12-Jul-18
When I grow up, I want to be just like Nick! LOL!

Paul- He is a fun guy to hunt with also!

12-Jul-18
I suck at killing elk so I need lots of seasons!

12-Jul-18
I've been training hard for 20 years myself........42 - 62 and I'm hoping I get another 20 or more also! I just beat an active duty Navy SEAL a couple months ago in 3 mile swim and he was wearing fins. He did beat me pretty good in the drinking contest we had afterwards though......

12-Jul-18
I've mostly recovered from a frozen shoulder. I'd say I'm at least 75% recovered. It's good enough that after a year or so with zero exercise, I'm back to exercising daily and I feel great.

12-Jul-18
Brian, I don't doubt that for a second, I bet he's an elk packing beast too!

ElkNut/Paul

14-Jul-18
Daily 4 mile walk with a 40# pack. Getting ready for NM unit 34 and I tuned 70 last month.

14-Jul-18
I admit, the humidity slows me down,,,,,, I am such a trout bum, it interferes with my work out time,,, but I get it done,,,,,, its year round for me....... by the way, the trout fishing in the UP this year, has been majic, water levels are great, and best part is, there is no one out, fishing anymore

14-Jul-18
Run, Bike, lift repeat! I retired from law enforcement after 31 years I work heavy construction now so Iam out in the heat and humidity so Im getting a little harder!! Hard to eat doughnuts and run heavy equipment!

15-Jul-18
I love training in the heat and humidity. It slows you down but there are all kinds of benefits and your body will adapt.

I'm getting ready to head out on a 12 mile run this morning, then this afternoon a group of us are doing a burpee challenge on the football field. Start with 20 burpees on the sideline, run to the other sideline, 19 burpees, back to the other sideline and keep laddering down to 1 burpee. 210 burpees total! #embracethesuck

16-Jul-18
Great job Nick! I had never done a burpee until my daughter challenged me to do 30 burpees a day for the month of April. (No limits on how many per rep. I could do 2 per hour or all 30 at once) I will admit they made a difference, but I didn't enjoy it!

16-Jul-18
I've lost 25# in 2 mounths on the Goat tag diet......

16-Jul-18
Everyone is different but, I alternated days lifting weights and running for years. Then a knee problem finished the running. My cardio suffered. I started doing a crossfit "type" workout. I do a circuit of: burpees, pull ups, clean and press, push ups and different dumbbell exercises. My motor hasn't been this good since I left the Army. That was 28 years ago too!

Increased the weight in my pack to 50#s this morning. Come on Sept.

16-Jul-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
BUCK FURPEES!!!!

17-Jul-18
How old are you guys?

17-Jul-18
Older than dirt....I turn 60 in September.

17-Jul-18
I just read the REAL exercise thread three times and then take a nap. Next week I'm reading it four times. The next five times. Gotta work into it so I don't strain anything.......

17-Jul-18
oh uhhh sorry! I am shooting daily. I crossfit 5 days per week. I am doing an xterra tri in Aug in Missouri and a Spartan in early September. In the last three years I have had rotator cup surgery and ripped my hamstring from my pelvis. It got tied up with >20lbts though. Killed a nice one last year though.

• Sitka Gear