osage 12-Jul-18
earlyriser 12-Jul-18
osage 12-Jul-18
APauls 12-Jul-18
jordanathome 12-Jul-18
Cheesehead Mike 13-Jul-18
11-Jul-18

Sandberg's Link
did a quick little video about which elkcall is the easiest to use for the novice elk caller (me) check it out, and hopefully you can save some time and money :) https://youtu.be/F7IEhaTiiUA

11-Jul-18
Great video. For anyone who hasn't tried the Phelps diaphrams, I highly recommend them. I've tried everyone under the sun. My goto has always been the raging bull by bugling bull game calls. It's a great call, but a buddy just turned me on to the Phelps amp series. Wow. They produce excellent sound, very easy to blow, and the best feature, they hold up well. I always figured I can get about 100 good bugles out of my raging bull before the latex stretches and I lose volume. With the amp calls, I have been blowing the hell out of them, and they all still sound like new. For me, I also get more range of sound out of them. My fav is the amp grey.

11-Jul-18
red phelps

11-Jul-18
I’ve never used Phelps, but have heard nothing but good comments about them. I’d have to add Bugling Bull’s Mellow Yellow Mama and Elk101’ s All-Star to the mix as easiest to use.

11-Jul-18
Rocky mountain bully bull with Rocky mountain Reed's. Awesome

12-Jul-18
Thanks for the video.

When using the external reed call, you don't just blow into it. You need to bite on the reed and slide it in between your teeth while blowing and then release your bite on the reed while continuing to blow in short bursts.

12-Jul-18
Sivart, thats comforting to hear :o) the AMP reeds were definately my favourite ones.. Will try out the 101 all star next time I feel like spending money :o) Mike, Ill try that :oD

12-Jul-18

delkslayr's Link
Check out the new rip-it diaphragms and mouth calls by Native by Carlton. They are good looking calls and easy to use. Sound great too!

12-Jul-18
The "Cowgirl" call has always been my favorite as I'm just not capable of using one of those diaphragms. Usually in combination with a matriarch call of some sort.

12-Jul-18
You guys are way off....hoochie mama keeps them coming all day long:)

12-Jul-18
Nah, had one of those Hoochie Mamas. After about a year it developed a bad case of what sounded like flatulence.

12-Jul-18
I wish I could say BigDan threw my hoochie off a cliff, but I haven't been able to hunt with him yet ;)

12-Jul-18
Great....that cost me money to read this...........thx........

13-Jul-18
My Phelps Born and Raised bugle and 3 BRO reeds were on my doorstep when I got home last night. Wow, I sure like those reeds and the sound of that bugle! I'll have to try out the AMP series too...

• Sitka Gear