t-roy 12-Jul-18
KsRancher 12-Jul-18
t-roy 13-Jul-18
KsRancher 13-Jul-18
dm/wolfskin 15-Jul-18
11-Jul-18

drycreek's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
drycreek's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

All I know about it is that it's hard to kill with gly after it's mature. Is it dog fennel ?

11-Jul-18
looks like dog fennel

11-Jul-18
Eupatorium capillifolium for sure :)

12-Jul-18
Can u smoke it? Harvest it and ship to Colorado as an "Herb"...cash crop!?!

12-Jul-18
^^^^^^ Good idea ! Ima be rich sucka !

12-Jul-18
It kind of resembles and really big mature mares tail. Up here if they get much bigger than a couple inches tall Gly won't even phase them

12-Jul-18
Looks like mares tail to me too. Hard to kill!! the good news is that it is easily outcompeted (is that a word?) I don't get too worried about it.

12-Jul-18
I’m pretty sure it’s not mares tail.

12-Jul-18
I looked up dog fennel. Like I said in my previous post, it kind of resembles very mature mares tail. I will go with the dog fennel though

12-Jul-18
There is an app called picture this, says you can take a pic with your phone and this app will tell you what plant it is. I don't have it but the reviews are good.

12-Jul-18
^^^^^^^ I have an app called Plant Snap that's supposed to do the same thing. So far, three tries, it's batting a big fat zero......

I looked up marestail and dog fennel ID pics. I think it's definitely dog fennel. Gonna mow it, wait a few days and gly the hell out of it. I had a small patch of it that was 6' tall, mixed a little Butyrac with some gly and that smoked it. May try that again.

12-Jul-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Here’s some mares tail, fresh off the presses.

12-Jul-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Another pic

12-Jul-18
Those are small mares tail. When they get some age on them they will not be just a single stalk with leaves. They will start to grow limbs/branches. Can have several limbs/branches and they will have real fine leaves like the OP's picture. The bottom leaves will hook like t-roy's picture. They will 4-5ft tall and be a couple feet wide at the ends of lims/branches. I agree they are not mares tail. But could easily be mistaken for one

13-Jul-18
“Those are small mares tail”. Pony tails? ;-)

Whatever they are, they’re a PITA, but I’d rather have them than pigweed/waterhemp :-(

13-Jul-18
I agree. Even the pigweeds are getting gly resistant. If they get very big at all it don't do much but just ding them for a couple days. And with all the cotton around, can't spray 24D.

15-Jul-18
They do have 2-4-D cotton but I don't know if it's on the market yet. I worked with it before my retirement over a year ago. Lots of weeds are becoming resistant to roundup after years of spraying over the same fields with it. Need to change out herbicides every few years.

• Sitka Gear