Nick Muche 13-Jul-18
JL 14-Jul-18
woodguy65 14-Jul-18
woodguy65 14-Jul-18
woodguy65 14-Jul-18
JL 14-Jul-18
Bou'bound 14-Jul-18
13-Jul-18
I just found out that some private land I got permission to hunt has some black bear sightings. I don't plan on pursuing one BUT if one happens to walk by while I'm deer hunting....

What are some things I should know? Shot placement? Max distance you should shoot (i'm pulling 60 pounds with a 360 grain arrow, broadhead included)? I shoot Rage for deer (and love them, there's no need for blanket "Mechanicals suck" debate here), can anyone share experiences shooting bear with those broadheads? Thanks in advance.

13-Jul-18
Bears hate Rage broadheads cause they die when you shoot one with one in the same spot you'd shoot every other animal in NA with one or any other broadhead for that matter.

Have fun and good luck!

14-Jul-18

JL's Link
https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=476919&messages=105&forum=2#4618387

14-Jul-18

woodguy65's embedded Photo
Shot placement is FAR more important on a bear than the type of broadhead, stay away from front shoulder. Your rage will be fine.

14-Jul-18

14-Jul-18

14-Jul-18
I recommend watching some bear hunting Youtubes and take note of the sizes. Bears can be a little difficult to judge if you're not use to watching them. Also....if you're in a treestand you have to take shot angle into account when picking out a spot.

14-Jul-18
Size won’t matter to you. You are hoping a rare bear will be sighted in range while deer hunting. A classic stumble upon opportunity vs an intentional hunt. You have never shot one. I guarantee if anything comes by it will be big enough for you

• Sitka Gear