bb 16-Jul-18
Dafish 18-Jul-18
ki-ke 21-Jul-18
carcus 21-Jul-18
Dale06 21-Jul-18
Ermine 21-Jul-18
carcus 21-Jul-18
15-Jul-18
If you've used VT's, what has been your experience and which models have you used?Looking for an alternative to Blazers.

Thanks

15-Jul-18
Used them for years, stuck well but will curl quickly.

15-Jul-18
They adhere good. Good vane

Not that tough can get messed up quick

15-Jul-18
Thought they were all the same until I used Flex Fletch.

15-Jul-18
I have been using Vane Tec HP's for several years with good results.

15-Jul-18
Ditto Midwest.

15-Jul-18
Very quiet but not very durable. I’ve found the Flex Fletch vanes to be a lot more durable. I’ve been shooting the FFP 200 in a 4 fletch for a while now. I’ve shot them through my target, hay, the ground and they stay intact.

15-Jul-18
Flex Fletch original is the best vane you have been able to buy since the 70's and continues today. Went back to FF once the freebee Gold Tip deal was over.

15-Jul-18
The Swifts are the best, imo. stiffer than the vmax and steers just as well.

15-Jul-18

otcWill's embedded Photo
otcWill's embedded Photo
I've been messing with the v-max. I like them. Used ffp 360s for years and wanted something slightly lower profile. 50 yd group

16-Jul-18
Thanks for the feedback. Not interested if they crush like tinfoil. I'm moving away from Blazers due to inconsistent adhesion and apparent "expiration" of the activator they use on the vane base. I don't want to trade 1 devil for another. I guess its back to what always worked!

I used Flex fletch prior to switching to blazers and never had an issue, unless I didn't prep the vane base properly. How are you guys prepping the vanes/shafts prior to fletching? What adhesive are you using?

16-Jul-18
Zing primer and Loctite Control Gel on wraps.

16-Jul-18
I have been using the vantech swift vanes for years. It's been my experience that they hold up very well. I shoot through targets and they show no ill effects. It's been my experience they hold up as well as blazers.

18-Jul-18
300's n 360's here

21-Jul-18
Thanks for the feedback. Going back to FF

21-Jul-18
Are flex fletch as good as blazers?

21-Jul-18
I shoot feathers a lot, but when I hunt Alaska, I use vanetec for water resistance. I use three 4” and have very good performance from them.

21-Jul-18
Flex fletch are heads and tails better than blazer vanes

21-Jul-18
Thats good to know Ermine, I have 8 fmj shafts coming, I have a bunch of blazers but if the flex fletch is that much better I will get some! Which flex fletch?

• Sitka Gear