Dyjack 16-Jul-18
Dogman 16-Jul-18
Dogman 16-Jul-18
Chief 16-Jul-18
trophyhill 16-Jul-18
Unit 9er 17-Jul-18
splitlimb13 17-Jul-18
16-Jul-18
Was wanting to know if anyone has hunted this unit before. I dont have much time to scout are and was wondering if anyone had any info on the best places to kill a Big Bull or a fat Cow.

16-Jul-18
ohiohunter- Useless with without coordinates! (Sorry Chief, I have nothing but smart@ss comments)

16-Jul-18
Bow hunted it 2 years ago. Lots of roads, lots of private land, lots of ORV !! they just put a road right through the middle of some of the better elk country so now every one just drives ORV or trucks right into the middle of it.....road ends at a dirt tank that is filled with water . The road won't last long for trucks after a few big rains it will be ORV or horses only it will be too rough for trucks. With all the hunters running around pushing elk find the steepest, nastiest places there is and that's where the elk will be because that's where they were !!

16-Jul-18
Ohio why you gotta give away everyone's favorite spot? Ahaha

16-Jul-18
Like all hunting near big ranches in NM it can be frustrating. UU Bar signs blatantly on state land, locked gates, UU Bar again, across a county road. Private that has an easement allowing public to drive through it that apparently you are just magically supposed to know is in place. Unitized ranch deal or whatever it is called that allows public on private, not on onX maps, you just have to look at a pathetic map provided by G&F on their web site and guess that you are on the participating ranch. One of the most corrupt and unwilling to enter the modern times states in the West.

16-Jul-18
Oh, almost forgot. As stated-“rough roads” is putting it nicely. Absolutely one of the rockiest roughest trails you could imagine. Don’t even think about using a truck off the county road. Unhuntable without a sxs or 4 wheeler.

16-Jul-18
Thanks everyone. I posted because i wanted to see what kinds of hunters there are on this site. Thanks for the heads up. Ive done alot of research on this unit and draw odds plus knowing the Eplus system and what it takes to actually seeing let alone kill an elk. Thanks for your words guys. Getting excited for the up coming fall season. Going up there to run a few roads next few weeks. So i will keep everone posted on what i experience. Thanks.and Happy Hunting

16-Jul-18
Let's not be flappin any loose lips over the interweb now damn it :^)

17-Jul-18
Yes, not huntable without a 4x4 ATV. Horses just get pissed off and hobbled. 10 mile drives from camping spots to hunting spots are not uncommon on the brutalist of roads you will find in NM. Bring spare parts for your ATV, seems to be broken down units every year. See you up there, I got 2nd hunt! LMAO!

17-Jul-18
"Let's not be flappin any loose lips over the interweb now damn it :^)" Hahahaha

• Sitka Gear