Jims 17-Jul-18
Jims 18-Jul-18
WapitiBob 18-Jul-18
MQQSE 18-Jul-18
IdyllwildArcher 18-Jul-18
elkstabber 18-Jul-18
17-Jul-18

backcountrymuzzy's Link
It appears a group of anti's in Wyoming are hoping to flood the grizzly hunt lottery and secure most of the tags to non-hunters to save the bears. It sounds like you can put in for the lottery without proof of hunters safety but need to show it if you draw the tag. I'd like to assume most of these folks don't have it, and wouldn't put in the effort to get it if they actually did draw the tag. Glad they are finally contributing though!

17-Jul-18
I believe statute exempts those born before 1966 from the hunter ed requirement.

17-Jul-18
The minimal application fee is probably the first penny these nut jobs have contributed to true wildlife conservation. I just hope they don't name some bull elk in my preferred unit and start buying tags there too!

The gentrification of Jackson is pretty sad.

17-Jul-18
pure scumbags they are. wyoming should have a supplementary season till all tags are filled with another drawing to fight back.

17-Jul-18
So, they are going to pay 6000 dollars to take a picture? Go for it!

17-Jul-18
^^^

Bingo

17-Jul-18
It's actually a good thing because the federal judge is going to shut down the season this year anyways so all the app money from these antis is going to conservation.

17-Jul-18
If the Judge shuts down the season, it will be more than interesting to see what reason is given because all the bases have been covered scientifically in order to delist them in the three states adjoining states. The decision should be for the antis to go pound sand!

17-Jul-18
The reason will be because he's a liberal and an anti-hunter. That's the only reason he needs in today's courts for a temporary injunction till it can get hashed out in the courts. Meanwhile, the 2018 season will come and go with a temporary restraining order, so it won't happen till at least 2019.

17-Jul-18
yes, unfortunately judges do not need to give a reason they just rule.

17-Jul-18
From what I understand there is a grizz quota. The season is open until a quota is met? Obviously if anti's don't harvest a grizz they are making it easier for serious hunters to fill tags. The WG&F could also offer more tags in future years if quotas aren't reached the previous year! There are pretty easy ways for the WG&F to counter antis! Thanks antis for applying and your contribution to the WG&F!

18-Jul-18
From what I understand there is a grizz quota. The season is open until a quota is met? Obviously if anti's don't harvest a grizz they are making it easier for serious hunters to fill tags. The WG&F could also offer more tags in future years if quotas aren't reached the previous year! There are pretty easy ways for the WG&F to counter antis! Thanks antis for applying and your contribution to the WG&F!

18-Jul-18
Smartest thing the antis can do is pool their money and apply, then shoot a Sow.

18-Jul-18
Based on the law that should be their sacrificial policy. However, I’m gonna draw the first tag and take a boar before they load their guns! Wonder what caliber they will use or if they will use traditional archery gear on that sow. It sure will be Interesting to see how the tree huggers hunt the sacrificial lamb.

18-Jul-18
Jims, there's so many bears, that even taking 1/2 of the tags out of the pool will make no difference in ease of filling the tag. We're talking about an area that encompasses 20 million acres and close to 1000 bears. And each section has 1-4 tags. And this is a completely unhunted population. It's chock-full of mature boars. This would be like having 10 sections of prime deer habitat to hunt to yourself and no one's been hunting it.

18-Jul-18
Didn't WY put out their plan of only having 2 hunters in the woods at one time? This was to prevent the harvest of more than 2 sows? Am I remembering this correctly?

• Sitka Gear