bad karma 20-Jul-18
Chief 419 20-Jul-18
Fuzzy 23-Jul-18
Pete In Fairbanks 23-Jul-18
Dale06 23-Jul-18
drycreek 23-Jul-18
Chief 419 23-Jul-18
20-Jul-18
More often than not we receive a negative backlash from any post regarding the hunting of elephant. This is to be expected from the anti hunting contingent but ignorance is not reserved exclusively for them. Hunters also make negative comments about elephant hunting as well. Why, I cannot answer but in any case, all meat from elephant is totally utilized. Here are some photos of meat being distributed to local villagers from an elephant we hunted in June. Sustainable use conservation and complete utilization of the elephant are key to species survival and filling hungry bellies...

20-Jul-18

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo

20-Jul-18

20-Jul-18

20-Jul-18

20-Jul-18

This shot says it all.

20-Jul-18
Good thread. In a discussion about the veracity of hunting in modern times, feeding hungry people is a walk-off homerun as far as I'm concerned. I haven't heard any substantial argument countering that in a debate about hunting.

20-Jul-18
Yes it is. And, the worst enemy we have are so called hunters passing emotional judgement on a type of hunting or, a fairytale animal.

Without utilization of the meat for the local villagers, these elephants would have long been gone. They destroy so much of what African people depend on to survive. If they ever stop getting the meat off of them, the elephant will be in serious trouble. Because there is no benefit for their existence in the eyes of the people who live among them. But, ignorance is bliss in the eye of the anti. Facts don’t matter

20-Jul-18
Great thread. To bad you generally don't see this type of stuff pushed out by the main stream.

20-Jul-18
Agreed ^^^

20-Jul-18
When asked “did you eat all of the meat” on your safaris, my answer has always been, no. But we ate some of it and it was all saved and eaten or sold to be eaten, so it was not wasted. And I observed a couple of the trackers shoving a garden hose up the terminal end of a wart hogs guts to wash them out. They would be eating the flushed out guts for dinner. And I saw trackers shoveling the contents (wheel barrows full) of an elands stomach out of the stomach so they could wash up the stomach lining and eat it. Nothing is wasted!

20-Jul-18
Yea great post

20-Jul-18
That kid in the second pic bottom right is Boobie Miles as a youngster.

20-Jul-18
Seems even the poachers don't go to waste.......

Great thread Ken. The truth for some reason.... emotional of course..... is either ignored, not known or in some cases even suppressed. The facts need to get out there. That elephant or giraffe or whatever is utilized probably to a degree most in NA cannot grasp.....

20-Jul-18
Excellent thread. I've saved it as evidence when someone talks about the horrors of "trophy hunting."

20-Jul-18
Great thread, but it’s not just the meat or perceived “waste” due to “trophy hunting”. Many hunters from all over the world go to Africa, shoot game and don’t take the trophies home. The meat, horns, capes, warthog tusks, etc. have value and are sold. Hunting these animals brings an economic & substinance benefit to the locals.

23-Jul-18
thanks Ken

23-Jul-18
Great thread Ken.

Folks in America seem to think that living "in poverty" can include having a low-rent apartment, a cell phone, wifi, a 300 pound baby momma, a car, a bag of weed and a fistful of food stamps.

When you have seen "poverty" in sub-Saharan Africa, you will be better able to grasp what being "in poverty" really means.

Pete

23-Jul-18
Pete, You are very astute in those comments!

23-Jul-18
Dale06 X2

23-Jul-18
Agree Pete. Until you’ve seen mommas washing little ones in sewage filled ditches, you don’t know poverty. I’ve seen kids with debilitating diseases and deformed limbs due to lack of proper medical care. Life in Africa Is hard. It’s the land of the have’s and the have not’s. There’s very little in between.

• Sitka Gear