Grubby 30-Nov-19
Al Dente Laptop 30-Nov-19
Bowbender 30-Nov-19
Billyvanness 30-Nov-19
Bou'bound 30-Nov-19
Highlife 30-Nov-19
LBshooter 02-Dec-19
21-Jul-18
I was thinking for some irrelevant reason what is the most one could spend on a dozen arrows and came up with the Alaska Bowhunting Supply components. Top end shafts $140 half /dz and Silver Flame broadheads at $110 for 3.

Total cost $880 / dozen (though they offer a package price at 10% off so it would be $800).

What other combinations could one arrive at to have an even more costly set of matching arrows?

21-Jul-18
I recently listened to a podcast with the owner of Valkyrie archery....... wow, some pretty cool stuff but when a dozen arrows cost more than the bow shooting them I think that's a little crazy. shafts- $150 per 6, broadheads- $220 per 6, add $70 for 6 firenocks

$880 per dozen.

21-Jul-18
$880 for arrows? Wow, P.T had it right.

21-Jul-18
I cringe when I loose a $12 arrow.....

21-Jul-18
SMH.

21-Jul-18
Different strokes for different folks.

The flight of the arrow is magic for me and the arrow/broadhead are the most important piece of my hunting equipment.

21-Jul-18
One might argue that they are a better value than a more middle of the road option.... The Valkyrie guy actually did make that argument. Components should be able to be used seemingly forever... unless you loose them.

definitely some well made products out there and the price really isn't out of line for what you get, the machine work on some of these new broadheads is amazing.

21-Jul-18
I am perfectly happy with $250 to $300 for a a dozen. This gives maximum reds, blazers, and tipped with B Stingers.

21-Jul-18
I bet no one on here could tell the difference between a 25 dollar arrow in flight and a 75 dollar arrow in flight!! I also believe my 20 dollar arrow give or take will kill anything just as dead as someone elses 75 dollar arrow will. Shawn

21-Jul-18
My fmj/exodus are as much as I would spend, I only by 6 at a time so it hurts less!

21-Jul-18
"If you build it....they will come"

When I shot competitive outdoor target archery 15 years ago, most of us on the line in the top flights had $400 a dozen Easton X-10's or $300 a dozen ACE's. And we didn't get to eat anything that we shot. ;)

21-Jul-18
They are targeting a different group. The people who are buying the majority of their products are shelling out a lot of coin to hunt Africa and the likes. The arrows are propbably an insignificant purchase to them.

21-Jul-18
That’s just a drop in a bucket compared to that lion hunt huh Bou

21-Jul-18
$880 worth of arrows I shoot would last me 10 years or longer.

21-Jul-18
Reminds me of the old adage, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

21-Jul-18

shb's embedded Photo
Satellite 3 blade img stolen from the internet.
shb's embedded Photo
Satellite 3 blade img stolen from the internet.
I remember mowing lawns to get the $36 needed for new dozen xx75 autumn orange 2216's. And you couldn't do any better than that.

And a dozen satellites. Cant remember what those cost though.

21-Jul-18
That reminds me, there is a $800 jacket on sale today for $750 I need to get one because I think it will improve the odds on my whitetail tree stand hunt this year. lol... That’s like the $100 bh give away on here I could care less about those over priced things!! Been killing and grilling a long time just fine with out all the gimmmic stuff that is showing up. Younger gen is going to have to work 2 jobs just to bow hunt soon or have daddy buy it all for them.

21-Jul-18
I shot some supposed high end Alaska Bowhunting Grizzly Stix on Safari four years ago. They were totally over priced, over hyped and performed very poorly. Any run of the mill conventional carbon shaft would have performed better at a fraction of the cost. High cost does not always mean high value.

21-Jul-18
Oh boy, that satellite pic brings back memories! Bad ones!

21-Jul-18
I don't need a $75,000 truck to get around or pull my boat a couple times a year.

But enough people do that they pump them out by the hundreds of thousands.

21-Jul-18
Dale,

A buddy bought them a few years ago. I watched him snap 2 of them hitting the top of the target. Long range goofing around. My "cheap" Axis did just fine.

Hope they improved the quality since then, especially at that price!

21-Jul-18
Bottom line.... I don't need a $1400 bow to kill animals with but I wanted one so I bought it.

21-Jul-18
God bless America and our freedom to decide!

Just ordered some footings for arrows to increase my arrow cost a bit more! Ha!

21-Jul-18
Yeah lots of complaints about those Grizz sticks.....but they sure hype them at the shows....and a lot in the forums.

I suppose a guy could find a $100 BH to go on those Grizz stick arrows and be up over $1300.

21-Jul-18
HEY, why screw around with the cheap stuff when you can go straight to the top of the pile with the Mammoth 4 core arrow shafts with a lifetime guarantee. You can see them at Bishop Archery website. They sell for $3,899.99 for a full dozen shafts. Go BIG or go home. not.

21-Jul-18
But the bishop shafts are made in America so it’s worth it

Boy didn't they and their $100 each Broadheads disappear fast.

21-Jul-18
Charlie's right...different strokes...I still shoot Eastman Aluminums...I buy shafts and fletch them up for about 65 dollars per dozen :^)

Broadheads are the killer...can't find decent heads for less than 100 dollars per dozen!

21-Jul-18
Bou'bound…….disappear NOT. Bishop Archery is alive and well with there top end broadhead for a mere $199.99 ea.

21-Jul-18
This is kind of a pointless discussion......To each his own. Most guys don’t have $15 grand to spend on a hunt or $800 to spend on a dozen arrows..... If you do....more power to you !!

21-Jul-18
Daaammmnn! That's ridiculous... Having the money or not ! I'll drop coin on a good bow, but that much for arrows WOW! Ya this is going to be a long pointless thread for sure.

21-Jul-18
I stand corrected bowbender.

And looking at bishops site demand it through th roof for $100 heads! who'd a thunk it?

bettor order now at they have a 10 week wait for IN STOCK PROCUCTS!

"Please be advised that we are experiencing a high volume of demand and are doing our best to keep up with orders. Please allow 10 WEEKS for order processing and delivery of all in stock products as we continue to work on fulfilling the orders that we already have. Thank you for your overwhelming grassroots orders and for your patience as we do our best to keep up with demand."

21-Jul-18
We have anew high water mark.

the $560 / dz grizzly sticks with $100 /each bishop heads it's a cool $1,760.

Throw in 12 fire nocks............... because who wouldn't want to see a $150 arrow in flight.......... and you are sitting on a cool $1,825 for a dozen

21-Jul-18
It doesn't bother me how others spend their money - life is about individual choices here in the USA and I'm thankful to be privileged to live here. Last year I bought my arrows (Carbon Express Mutiny 350's) for less than $3 each and my broadheads - Slick Tricks for $3 each. At those prices I cannot afford to shoot anything else and I bought enough to last me the next 10+ years.

--Mitch

21-Jul-18
But the good news Bou is that for the low price of $199 they will skip you to the front of the line and expedite your order to arrive in only 2 weeks! Apparently $199 can buy you 8 weeks...

—Jim

21-Jul-18
WTF forget this I am going fishing, lol!!

22-Jul-18
Its the old saying

...if you have to ask....then you probably can't afford it.

That Bishop is pretty funny; 10 weeks....High demand....what a crock.

23-Jul-18
I shot Grizzlystick shafts and used one of their single bevel heads with my recurve around 2008-2010. They were overpriced but I wanted to see what the difference was. They were different all right. Every shaft was different from the other shafts. The quality control on the spine was the worst that I'd ever seen. The single bevel broadhead had an aluminum ferrule that bent when I shot a groundhog.

I killed a decent buck with the setup but switched midseason back to cedar shafts because they were so much more dependable. Midseason was a terrible time to switch but I felt that I had no choice.

I am glad that we have all of the choices that we have. The quality from Valkyrie and Iron Will are pushing the envelope and I'm glad to see it. I am honestly surprised that Alaska Bowhunting/Grizzlystick is still in business.

23-Jul-18
Hey fishing is no cheaper, hard to find a flippin' crankbait for under $10 anymore. So you need to make sure you've got $40 line one your reel so you don't snap them off on every reef.

As others have said, to each their own. For some things I spend high dollar and for some I don't. Other people will do the exact opposite as me and that's cool. I'd like to say I get to spend my money the way I want, but in reality the government spends 1/3 of mine for me...

25-Jul-18

26-Jul-18
Grizzly Sticks work for me.

26-Jul-18
I looked at Grazzlysticks after one of the guys on Masters of the Barebow endorsed them. Too expensive and too many bad reviews for me.

26-Jul-18
There are countless squirrels alive today simply because I am too cheap to burn a broad head and arrow on one. So many times I have drawn on squirrels bow hunting and thought, it ain't worth the arrow.

10-Jan-19
This is still the high water mark. the $560 / dz grizzly sticks with $100 /each bishop heads it's a cool $1,760.

Throw in 12 fire nocks............... because who wouldn't want to see a $150 arrow in flight.......... and you are sitting on a cool $1,825 for a dozen

10-Jan-19
Ever price the arrows Olympic shooters are using?

10-Jan-19
Shew dam I need a beer now ..

11-Jan-19
I never realized how much deader expensive arrows could make an animal! Who knew?!

11-Jan-19
And I thought $120 a dozen hunting arrows were getting rediculous. Will them $$$ arrows still miss?

28-Nov-19
Bishop is now offering three shafts top of line for 1999.99. That comes to $8,000 per dozen

Top it off with their high end heads at $599 for three 2,400 per dozen.

Still need to pay for fletching though so even $10,400. / dz is not ready to shoot.

28-Nov-19
LMAO. These are BOWS. Wood, Aluminum and Fiberglass shafts have been used to kill every animal that roams the earth and most of them that roam the seas.

If you hit a thick enough bone, your arrow will break. Best case scenario, one of these indestructible shafts will bounce out without breaking. If anyone can document a bow shattering the humerus of one of the Big 5 with an arrow, I’ll be happy to read all about it.

I guess people are willing to believe that they can buy a guaranteed get-out-of-jail-free card no matter how bad they screw up,, but aren’t we always looking at hitting a target the size of a gallon jug and shooting through no bones heavier than ribs?

29-Nov-19
Someone has to be buying the Bishop stuff??? Who is it??

29-Nov-19
Plenty of “look at my gear” guys out there. I don’t blame them for spending their money. I just don’t want to hear them try to justify it either.

29-Nov-19
i use a old bear recurve , doug fir shafts,woodsman broadheads, my freezer is full, all these super shafts and broadheads, cant beat history, wood wood and steel.

29-Nov-19
I can’t justify spending more on my arrows than my whole bow and accessory package cost!

29-Nov-19
Or my used truck for that matter ...................

$10,400.00 per dozen before fletching and lumanocks.

29-Nov-19
Yeah, that TOO! : )

29-Nov-19
Forget lumenocks. If I had that much in an arrow it would have gps locater nocks!

29-Nov-19
Lol, they put NAP quick fletch on them

29-Nov-19
Don’t know what is a bigger crock-o-crap on their website......... arrows at nearly a grand each or the warning that due to heavy demand their is up to a 8 week wait on orders being filled.

If you decide to order you can pick up a dozen field points to go with it. Only 59.99 NOT like 100-315 grain imported from "overseas" field points All weights and models of Independence Industries Field Points are Machined right here in the USA.

Our Independence Industries "Amber Waves of Grain" Field Points are proprietary plated by American workers in the USA.

29-Nov-19
Simple to explain. There are plenty enough people who have the two things...gigantic egos and enormous bank accounts....which cause them to spend such money. Well, there are also people who are basically dumb but have more money than they can spend.

29-Nov-19
Surely the whole thing is a joke.

Their website is junk. They have grammatical errors in their advertising in a few places that I found. How could anybody be backed up that far behind, if you’re pricing is astronomically higher than all your competitors? I can’t find anything about the owner (name; picture; etc.).

It’s gotta be a joke. Maybe they are selling the product, and realize what a croc-of-bull they are pulling.

The pic of mountain goat killed claims dude sent an arrow through “the length of the animal, exiting the skull.” However, the kill video doesn’t show the hunter talk about that at all. I’d for sure mention that in my kill video, if it happened.

29-Nov-19
They were a sponsor here last year

30-Nov-19
I imagine you need to call to find out about the expensive options.

30-Nov-19
Can you imagine a kill picture with these shafts, a carbon bow, dressed head to toe in Sitka, wearing matching gloves of course?

Talk about magazine cover worthy!

30-Nov-19
Shafts made Compressed Swamp Cypress harvested from a pre-historic bog, broadheads forged from the outer neuron crust of fallen meterorical stars, and fletching made from the wings of the Mute Swan. Price upon request.

I am a bit early for April Fool's Day, but I could not resist.

30-Nov-19
I asked them about their "proprietary" S-7 and 4140. It's either S-7 or it's not. Same with 4140. You can ask for a melt with alloying elements on the upper or lower end of the scale, but it's still S-7. No answer.

BTW, how the hell does it take 8 weeks to process "in-stock" product?

30-Nov-19

Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
My elk setup...330 deep six fmj, Ti 55 gr outsert, Iron Will solid 100. I think it was around $60 an arrow but a work of art in my opinion. They fly like darts which is all that matters and worth the penny’s for the confidence.

30-Nov-19
“BTW, how the hell does it take 8 weeks to process "in-stock" product? “

Three days to process the order and 7 1/2 weeks to come out of the shock induced coma that an order actually was placed.

30-Nov-19
As much if not equal to a buff hunt I'll pass lol

02-Dec-19
My cedar shaft, woodsman head and a few feathers, cost about 8 bucks. Will kill anything in NA and if I loose one or break one, just make a new one. 73 bucks per arrow is a bit nuts lol.

• Sitka Gear