'Ike' (Phone) 23-Jul-18
W 24-Jul-18
Lost Man 24-Jul-18
chillkill 25-Jul-18
jstephens61 25-Jul-18
'Ike' (Phone) 25-Jul-18
23-Jul-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Shirt with mesh ventilation and silent snaps protecting neck from sun and bugs.
Shirt with mesh ventilation and silent snaps protecting neck from sun and bugs.
Today Sitka launches its Early Season, Whitetail Gear. Designed for early season, warm weather hunting. The pants and shirt feature Mesh Ventilation, 4 way stretch fabric, silent snaps and is treated with Polygiene (odor control technology).

The new items include pants, shirt, hat and gloves. This Gear can also be layered up to extend into the cooler October hunt days. Check them out at the Sitka link attached!

23-Jul-18

Pants with 4 way stretch and cargo pockets with Gear dividers.
Pants with 4 way stretch and cargo pockets with Gear dividers.

Charlie Rehor's Link
Short YouTube video on ESW!

23-Jul-18

Mesh Cap
Mesh Cap
Gloves
Gloves
Hat and Gloves

23-Jul-18
Cost?

23-Jul-18
^^^^ A Lot ^^^^

23-Jul-18
No cost is too high for the true fans

23-Jul-18
I've killed plenty of whitetail without special early, middle or late season "camo"

23-Jul-18
Total marketing scam to part hunters of their hard earned cash.

Practice good scent control and hunt the wind. Save your money for a trip of a lifetime or to buy your own land.

The critters don't care what you wear. To them you will always be the boogie man.

23-Jul-18
I broke down and bought a Sitka rain jacket last year it was money well spent. Guiding anglers in the Arctic will really test your gear and it is by far the best I’ve ever used.

23-Jul-18
Next year they will come out with a special digital camo designed for early season just so that this year's stuff is obsolete. Just watch.

In all honesty I'm actually surprised that for the early season they didn't go back to their Elevated I camo pattern as everything is green that time of year. I find it humorous that Sitka put so much time and marketing effort into telling us that Elevated I and the science of nothing made it the ultimate pattern, but then when everyone says it's too dark they finally turn on their heels and make a better pattern.

They've got the nicest whitetail clothing for sure, but I wouldn't buy it because of the pattern. If you've got the money, go get it, but early season is the last thing a guy needs technical clothing for imo, because a t-shirt works that time of year. But hey, if they gave it to me cheap - I'd wear it ;)

23-Jul-18
Sitka is awesome. Not a white tail hunter so can see why guys wouldn't wanna drop the money to sit over a food plot in $800 worth of camo . For back country hunts it's well worth it.

23-Jul-18
When Sitka Gear first became available in the mid 2000’s the knock was the cost. Funny how it’s still an issue with some guys even though it’s grabbing market share every year from the long established Camo companies.

Certainly it’s not for everyone but it sure is the Gear of choice for a lot of us Western and Whitetail hunters.

I hunt whitetails from Mid-September to Mid-January in the Midwest and the Gear has me covered in all weather and temps. When I shoot my bow in the September heat or the January bitter cold winds I don’t worry about staying cool, dry or warm!

23-Jul-18
I want to handle those pants. . . Maybe in a solid color if they make one

My Ascent pants are my go-to hot weather pant. Need to look at these and see how they feel. I sweat like a horse, so I need the thinnest pant I can find :)

I recently bought a pair of gray Perry Ellis slacks that I’m thinking of converting to hunting pants. They are like golf pants, and they are the thinnest freaking things I’ve ever worn. Feels like you’re wearing nothing. They’re awesome

23-Jul-18
Charlie is absolutely right, in September I spend approximately 24 days in the wilderness at elk camp. I certainly don't want issues with my clothing which is why I chose Sitka.

23-Jul-18
Charlie - thanks for a heads up on the new Sitka offering. I too am a Sitka fan! Yes, its expensive. But, without fail, Sitka has been the best clothing I have ever used. If its too pricey for you, I understand. So lets make a deal; I won't bash your camo and don't bash mine. :)

23-Jul-18
Too expensive for me.

23-Jul-18
I bought the ESW shirt and the hat. Had it on at the outdoor show in Harrisburg. Really breathable. Probably going to buy the pants too.

Mine actually came in last week. I had emailed Customer Service beginning of the month and they let me know when things were good to ship!

23-Jul-18
I bought some of the base layers and mid layers on Camofire on sale and have been happy with it. I like those gloves.

23-Jul-18
Looks really nice! I always chuckle about the "costs too much" posts. You know you can kill a deer with a $100 bow and you can kill them with a $1500 bow. The deer is just as dead. Same thing with your clothes. If people want to spend their hard earned cash on Sitka then more power to them! I know they'll be comfortable in the woods!

23-Jul-18
The beauty of early season whitetail hunting is you don't need expensive camo. You're not going to get cold or too sweaty and if it's raining, I'm probably not going anyways. In early season my biggest fear is mosquitos. If it can keep them away, I'm all in.

23-Jul-18
I am waiting for Yeti to come out with a suitcase for storing and transporting hunting clothing.

23-Jul-18
My post above answered the question ‘Cost?’

I didn’t mention that it was ‘too much’. I said it was ‘A Lot’.

Don’t confuse the two.

23-Jul-18
I have a set ordered, looking Foward to trying it. Another great piece that already came is the equinox Hoody. That thing is going to be aswome till late October

23-Jul-18
Bake: Check em out. I have the Ascent pants as well and these ESW pants are lighter with mesh vents. Of all the Sitka shirts I have this one is smooth as silk, also has the mesh vents and the snaps are easy peasy.

23-Jul-18
Lol...You guys obviously don't know how to shop! Everyone has sales, or specials, and unless you're in a hurry, just wait! Like Ebay the other day, $25 off $119 or more...I just got the new ESW pants for $124 shipped, no tax, same with a set of Gloves I was wanting, BlackOvis had a sale...

However, haters, going to hate! Lol...Personally I like their stuff and it's because of fit and wear more than anything...My butt looks great in them!

23-Jul-18
I am pleased with my Sitka gear.....just curious as to why there is no green in the early season pattern???

23-Jul-18
Charlie, is it "OK" that Bake wants to get "in your pants"?

Sitka...chicks dig it!

23-Jul-18
All Sitka all the time.

23-Jul-18

Botta Book, Botta Boom! Bou gets it!

23-Jul-18
Looking forward to the ESW series, as it’s hot as hell out here right now and opener is less than a month away....

24-Jul-18
Favorite early season whitetail outfit is thin, camo cotton wranglers from Walmarks and camo fishing shirt with vented back. Sitka is nice stuff.

24-Jul-18
Priced in bitcoin

25-Jul-18
I have some kuiu trousers mainly for fitment but honestly army surplus is the most economic. I have heaps of british,american dutch and german the german/dutch stuff i get 8/12 yrs out of.You can buy goretex lined combat pants brand new $120.I do buy sitka/kuiu stuff but its only recreational gear mainly struttin round town looking good.yo

25-Jul-18
Used to think Sitka was over priced and guys that wore it were elitest snobs. Then I started picking it up here and there. I’ll tell you now, IMO, it’s worth every penny. Kept me warm when it was wet. Dried quicker than anything else I’ve had. Very functional design. Fit can be a bit tricky, but it’s returnable. Still don’t have a Sitka bumper sticker, but several pieces of Sitka in the tote.

25-Jul-18
Got my pants today, way lighter than the Equinox and comparable to the Ascent...However them seem quieter than the Ascent! I like the pocket dividers also...

• Sitka Gear