Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
6x6 bull 26-Jul-18
Dale06 26-Jul-18
Bill V 26-Jul-18
6x6 bull 26-Jul-18
6x6 bull 26-Jul-18
26-Jul-18
I just got my broadheads and a stay sharp guide the other day so after a few shots I decided to take the blade off and sharpen. After removing the screw and gently pulling on the main blade it won't budge. I tried using a vice grip on the end and pulling the other end gently but no luck. I watched the YouTube video and after the screw removal his blade almost fell out! I am sure someone is going to say I bent the blade or something but I only shot it three times in a foam block type target and the blades are still razor sharp! Is there something I need to do because as sharp as they are I don't want to lose a finger in removal!

26-Jul-18
I have taken my blades and sharpened them on a Lansky. I don’t recall, but does the bleeder have to come out first? Mine main blade came out vey easy.

26-Jul-18
Once the screw is removed, the main blade should slide straight out the end. The bleeder is removed after the main blade. I wonder if you have some target material melted on there. You could try cleaning it with acetone and then pulling on it. Let me know if you still have problems. Bill V, Lead Engineer, Iron Will Broadheads

26-Jul-18
I was thinking the same thing Bill. I will soak it and see if that helps.

26-Jul-18
Bingo, problem solved!

• Sitka Gear