BULELK1 30-Jul-18
Coyote 65 31-Jul-18
Mulehorn 25-Nov-18
REALWARRIOR 15-Dec-18
BULELK1 16-Dec-18
dirtclod Az. 16-Dec-18
27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I averaged 14.6 MPG with the Jeep, towing and fighting Thunderstorm head winds ~~ to cruising around the units before hiking.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I averaged 14.6 MPG with the Jeep, towing and fighting Thunderstorm head winds ~~ to cruising around the units before hiking.
Good Morning All,

Sad-but-true, I have 3 bud's (not a Group Appl) that have turned in their Az. bow Bull tags for this fall because of concern for the 'Drought' conditions.....

I spent the last few days down there in and out of 3 different units.

About a 12 hour drive for me from my home in N. Utah.

Enjoy,

#LovinLife

Robb

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I don't know about you all but somewhere along a 12 hour drive, I have to stop and Put The Kids in the Pool...……

I go thru Kanab, Utah, to Fredonia, Az and over the Kaibab.

My go to Rest Area was closed ----

My other Option wasn't looking to good either.........

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Over the many years of drawing Bull tags and Scouting/Hunting down there, I have found a few kool camping area's.

I went thru down pours from Thunderstorms and the associated big time winds, all went well with my RFTPTent set-up

It sure draws a lot of attention, the way I have it on a small Util. Trlr. kitchen inside ect..

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Lush for sure.....
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Lush for sure.....
I set aside one day to try and hike the highest Peak in Az. via the San Francisco Peaks Wilderness trail system.

27-Jul-18
it's a two story single wide on wheels:) SO you decided not to hunt AZ this year. or just your buds?

27-Jul-18
It is nice of your friends to award a great tag to a very happy appreciative hunter on a wait list.

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
No Way Mark!!

Not me-------->

I am on Back-to-Back Az. Bull tags (last year and this year)

True that C-man!

Anyways no matter where I hiked, I got into small groups of elk, deer and a Sow bear with a Cub @ 0-dark-30 hiking Up one early AM....she woke my azz up real fast! ha

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I am recovering well from my Wyoming Rib injuries back in early June.

I am up to 25lbs in my backpack/frame set-up

27-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
There sure is a lot of these Aspen Boob tree's...…!

I am off to the gym fella's...….more later

Thanks for viewing

Good luck, Robb

PS~~ as usual, many of you have already gotten my Text lil vid's.....

27-Jul-18
Glad your hunting, you'll do good, because you put in the work to be successful! Keep it coming, and good luck!

27-Jul-18
Nice set up Robb Curious do you have any pictures of the inside ?

27-Jul-18
That is a great looking set up. How long does it take to set up and then tear down?

Good luck Robb!

27-Jul-18
It looks like fun!

27-Jul-18
Fantastic! Keep it coming, Robb!

27-Jul-18
Glad you're still going to be chasing them Robb! Looking forward to the rest of the story! Especially the September version :)

27-Jul-18
Robb, wish you the best on your hunt down here (Arizona) this year!

NOTE: For any of you who might entertain the thought of turning in your Arizona big game tag at some point (ANY specie), please consider donating it to Arizona Elk Society's Hunts for Heroes program instead of simply turning your tag back in to Az. Game & Fish (I happen to be lead coordinator for the program). We make sure you retain your bonus points if you purchased Point Guard, and it doesn't have to be an archery tag (we do have Arizona vets who love the archery angle 'tho). Several Bowsiters have done so in the past (and a few already this year). Good things happen when you do! Our motto: "Healing through Hunting." You can call me direct anytime: (480)760-3868.

Give a look: https://arizonaelksociety.org/hunts-for-heroes

Thanks! --- Tom

27-Jul-18
Lol, you’re friends are actually not hunting Az because of drought conditions? Funny stuff

27-Jul-18
Upon seeing that Sign I would have to find somewhere else to hunt.............a bear may or may not $#^* in the woods but a Jordan sure does.......

27-Jul-18

Lv2hnt's embedded Photo
They're not all this big ...
Lv2hnt's embedded Photo
They're not all this big ...
2017 archery bull on donated tag to Hunts for Heroes

27-Jul-18
Those returning tags because of "drought" conditions are going to regret it. Monsoons are off the charts in alot of the good elk grounds. Pictures being posted online are showing some great bulls.

Arizona is ALWAYS in a drought. Silly excuse to turn in a tag.

27-Jul-18
^^^^ What He Said!^^^^

27-Jul-18
Good luck Robb!

That's funny about people fearing drought. The elk don't just get on a plane and fly to Florida. I killed my best bull ever during major drought-heat wave.

27-Jul-18
I agree with you concerning the drought, but sometimes "life" happens and disrupts your time schedule. Point Guard can be of help then ...

27-Jul-18
Keep at it Robb

27-Jul-18
I waited 13 years to draw my AZ tag. I have already made 2 scouting trips to my unit, I can't sleep at night after what I have laid eyes on down there. I can't imagine what would cause me to use my point guard and turn in my September tag.

28-Jul-18
You never know when your times up any Elk tag in az is a good one

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Kitchen area with Microwave, stove top, AC/DC/DVD TV ect….I use a small 1500 Generator
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Kitchen area with Microwave, stove top, AC/DC/DVD TV ect….I use a small 1500 Generator
Thanks for your comments------------->

I answered all the PM's....I hope they helped out.

Bruce here is the Kitchen area

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BOO-COO storage out of the weather in this Annex Room with a thick rubber-ish floor.....
BULELK1's embedded Photo
BOO-COO storage out of the weather in this Annex Room with a thick rubber-ish floor.....
And the Annex Room

28-Jul-18
Bob it takes me 1 Molson's Canadian to set-up everything on the outside.....

Then it takes me 1 Moson's Golden to do all the ground stakes......

Granted after driving for hours and hours, I am not in any Rush nor Timing myself... haha

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Really nice and Green most everywhere I hiked, in all 3 units I spent a morning filming/hiking/ Pre-Season Scouting with in.

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Looks like 1 of Lou's ex Hippy Chick GF's was up here hiking before I got here...……..! ha

28-Jul-18
Lv2hnt---------> although your org is a wonderful opportunity for many, I believe my bud's are using that Point Guard gig or whatever it is called so they keep the points ect.

Thanks for sure for reminding us about your well doing option though.

Good luck, Robb

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Clothes line and Trail Cam 'Security Camera'
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Clothes line and Trail Cam 'Security Camera'
That wraps up this trip's re-cap my friends.

Pretty enjoyable and a safe trip all in all.

Thanks for taking the time to view

#LovinLife

Robb

PS~~ Next Pre-Season Scouting trip is for my bow Whitetail Buck tag, to Iowa in Mid-ish--August....Oh hell Yeh!!

28-Jul-18
Very nice Robb. We drove out to scout for a weekend and were very impressed with what we saw also.

28-Jul-18

BULELK1's Link
Bruce/oilcan------------->

I found my thread that gives more detail about my RFTPTent

Good for you Brad! Pretty damn exciting for ya'all.

Good luck, Robb

28-Jul-18
Robb: What Lv2hnt is saying is if your friends had Point Guard they can donate their tag to that organization AND still get their points back. It’s because they are a non-profit organization.

28-Jul-18
Robb that’s a really nice set up you have. I like the fact that it looks pretty mobile and easy to set up and you can get in some of the tighter areas.

29-Jul-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Thanks C-man for the follow-up, it's all good.

That is why I went with that RFTPTent & lil Util. trlr Bruce, it goes places my F350 & toyhauler can't!

Nope, I didn't take the eAssist Bike on this trip, to much hiking/Pre-Season Scouting to do in 4 days....

Good luck, Robb

29-Jul-18
Crazy to give up any AZ elk tag because they theoretically will have a few less inches of antler. I may just start putting in for cows to just have a good reason to be out there in September. It is phenomenal and hard to explain to people.

Very good point to donate the tag to a worthy organization. I did that with a deer tag years ago in AZ. It was more of a make a wish type org though.

29-Jul-18
Good for you Shrewski! Any legitimate Non-profit will work.

29-Jul-18
Great pics, what units were you in? My father and I finally burned our points and drew 27 Late rifle. He's not getting any younger and he wanted to chase elk this fall. I'm still excited and at 35 years old I figured the sooner I start building points the better the odds I'll actually get to be in AZ for an archery hunt before I'm to old to do it! Good luck on your hunt.

30-Jul-18
Nicholas, Good for you and your Dad!

If ya need any intel on the late rifle hunt in 27, toss me a PM and I'll hook you up with a Guy I know.....haha

No for real, he hunted it last year.

Good luck, Robb

31-Jul-18
Was out this evening, ran into a spike with about 3 ft. long antlers. Gonna a be a big boy one day. Too bad your friends gave up their tags, looks like antler development was not hurt by the dry conditions.

Terry

25-Nov-18
What did I just read?

15-Dec-18

REALWARRIOR's embedded Photo
I like your accommodations.

16-Dec-18
Thank You

Good luck, Robb

16-Dec-18
We got some rain...Not a record amount,but everything is green again.How long will it last?NO MEASURABLE SNOW>?

• Sitka Gear