Grubby 02-Nov-20
TXCO 02-Nov-20
rooster 02-Nov-20
Matt 02-Nov-20
Ollie 05-Nov-20
Glunt@work 05-Nov-20
BULELK1 06-Nov-20
27-Jul-18
I'm looking for a mid layer for early sept. I'm thinking a good hoodie is the ticket. What's your preference? I'm leaning towards KUIU peloton or merino? Or save the money and steal a cotton one from my kid?

27-Jul-18
Kuiu peloton 200 is solid. Love mine.

27-Jul-18
First lite or kuiu hard to beat

27-Jul-18
Just got a Sitka gear Apex. Love it!

27-Jul-18
First Lite has 3 different weight options in their merino, thinking of trying the Kiln. Looks toasty.

27-Jul-18
Sitka Apex Hoody in SubAlpine for Western hunts. The Elevated 11 Hoody or the New Equinox Hoody for Whities. Have a great hunt!

27-Jul-18
Sitka Lightweight hoody for everyday hunting use.

Heavy weight hoody when temp drops

27-Jul-18
I use the KUIU Peloton 240 full zip as my outer layer the majority of the time.

27-Jul-18
Apex or core heavy weight. Can’t go wrong with either. My core heavy weight Hoody been with me from just shy of the article circle to Mexico. I won’t go on a hunt without it

27-Jul-18
brad..... I think the insides of our brains look very similar. I have been hesitant to buy Sitka ever since hunting the same area as a group of Sitka-clad douche bags about 10 years ago. But you never know.

I'm thinking about sizing. The tape measure says medium but in my mind i'm a large. I notice the kids like their clothes pretty tight nowdays but i'm not sure I have the physique for it. I'm 5'10" 170 on a good day.

27-Jul-18
Sitka Kelvin hoodie

27-Jul-18
I bought a Kuiu Peleton 240, full zip hoody before last season and I'm very impressed. I'm always skeptical about a lot of these offerings (and scared of the price) but this one has been well beyond my expectations. Lightweight, warm, blocks wind pretty good, dries fast and moves with you. Early fall, the days here usually start out around freezing but can range from hot to cool and wet as the day wears on. The Peleton 240 handles it all.

27-Jul-18
Sitka Core Lightweight has been my pleasant surprise this past season. Great alone when it's hot, great base layer when it's not. The hood keeps off the sun, blocks some wind, still allows me to hear and has built-in facemask. Extremely versatile piece.

Obviously you're needs may vary based on temp/conditions, so the Apex and Heavyweight are also great options.

27-Jul-18
Due to Ambush's good experience I bought a Peleton 240 full zip w/hood as well. I like it so far in limited late May bear season use. It cuts the wind better than I thought it would on the quad heading back to camp after dark. It isn't shiny either so a real plus on the finish. Nice and light too.

27-Jul-18
I got a peloton 240 full zip hoodie as well. Like others said, I'm impressed. Light, packs down small, dried fast. Put over a light merino shirt and it cuts the cool wind in the morning and afternoon.

27-Jul-18
Sorry cnelk, those are definitely two dudes.

27-Jul-18
they have the 240 in the outlet in brown or grey, they have the 200 in stock in camo. I kind of want one of each.....

27-Jul-18
Black Ovis has a sale on their merino hoodie right now

27-Jul-18
I just got my First Lite Kiln hoodie yesterday and its awesome. There stuff seems to run big. I got the Xl I am 6ft 215lbs and its a little big but should be perfect with a base layer under.

27-Jul-18
I like both the Core and Heavy weight...Especially the face mask option if needed!

27-Jul-18
first lite chama is great for a little warmer weather

27-Jul-18
Have KUIU and Firstlite stuff. I wear the FL merino tops all the time. Super comfy. Have one of the lightweight pull-over shirts with a hood on now and will be wearing it hunting. The KUIU merino is not as nice as the FL stuff.

27-Jul-18
First lite merino is absolutely the best there is. Peloton is not merino. Its synthetic of some kind.

28-Jul-18
I absolutely love my Sitka with the neck gator. It's so comfortable and versatile. I wear it all year.

28-Jul-18
I use a Sitka lightweight hoodie 5 days a week and I absolutely love my heavyweight core hoodie from Sitka has a built-in mask and hand warming mittens that fold into the cuff. I usually get it in Black to where is a mid-layer or in a ground blind

28-Jul-18
I have the Sitka hoody and the Kuiu peloton both are some of the most versatile pieces I own. I took all peloton in different weights last yr for a 14 day AK drop Hunt. It weighs less than wool, it dries much faster and the new synthetics dont stink. I wore the same shirt every day. It never developed odor. If weight is a consideration go with synthetic. I might add I own some very good merino wool rigs. I like wool but it heavy, it doesn’t hold its shape and it doesn’t dry well. I like wool around the house type hunts. Where weight isn’t an issue.

28-Jul-18
Best performance or best value? For value, the $25 Mossy oak hoodie I grabbed on the way through WalMart has been great. I have worn it every day elk hunting for two years and can't find a complaint. Whatever poly material its made from doesn't smell (to me) and shed a little water in a light rain.

28-Jul-18
I bought a Kings Camo brand hoodie with the windstopper liner a few years back and it has served me well. Its Durable and I like the mountain shadow camo pattern . I don't hike with it on unless it's cool to cold out but when I sit to glass , especially on the windy or shaded side of the hill , it's a very important piece of equipment. With just a wool blend base layer on top and the hoodie I stay comfortable down to around 40 degrees f. It's great for treestand hunting also. I wear it with a wool blend base layer and a full wool sweater and stay good to 20 degrees f. Not expensive either. Good gear for the money.

28-Jul-18
Sitka is my go to

28-Jul-18
Tough to beat kuiu peleton

28-Jul-18
The kuiu peleton is on the way here.

29-Jul-18
Just ordered the Kifaru lost parka

29-Jul-18
I heard from cnelk that Sitka hoodie can be had for a partial 30-pak of Busch Light. No way I'd make that trade....I'm keeping my Busch! ;-)

02-Nov-20

BULELK1's Link
Ya can't go wrong with any of the King;s Camo offerings in a Hoodie.

Good luck, Robb

02-Nov-20
Wow, I had overlooked the romantic mood angle but I will check out robes..... there are probably a lot available in Sitka options

02-Nov-20
Anyone have experience with the sitka fanatic hoody compared to the core heavy weight? Im trying to understand the difference besides the mittens and kangaroo pocket. Is there any reason you couldnt run the fanatic spot and stalk? Doesnt seem like an issue.

02-Nov-20
We love our Black Ovis merino hoodies. Both the wife and I have the 150 weight and just bought the 250 weight.

02-Nov-20
I have never been much of a hoodie guy, but just bought my second Kuiu Strong fleece 260 hybrid.

05-Nov-20
Recently bought the Kuiu undergarment hoodie. Love it. Warm. Hoodie doubles as a face mask.

05-Nov-20
Old thread but my cheapo Mossy Oak from Walmart is still going strong and still gets worn basically every day I hunt when its under 50deg out.

06-Nov-20
Legendary Whitetails is having a big sale on Hoodies right now-------->

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear