Whocares 29-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 29-Jul-18
Rut Nut 29-Jul-18
White Falcon 29-Jul-18
White Falcon 29-Jul-18
28-Jul-18

Whocares's embedded Photo
Here's where I spent my last two days. One of my favorite places. Built it 35 years ago. Fairly remote in northern Minnesota. 5 mile atv ride in here for November deer season.

28-Jul-18

Another view

28-Jul-18
Travel light! Getting ready for solo elk hunt! Enough for Trapper, though. My partner.

28-Jul-18
Looks nice, Chuck! Good luck on your elk hunt as well!

28-Jul-18
That's a neat little cabin. How many sq feet and how much to build it?

29-Jul-18
Now that’s a place to get away from it all. Nice

29-Jul-18

Jason, the shack is 24x24, one room. Built 35 years ago so don't remember but I'd guess about $2000. Scrounged a lot. Windows and door free. etc. Insulated, barrel stove, Honda 1000 runs light and, yes, satellite tv for football in the Fall! Haul water. 50 river miles to town, snowmobiled it many times. Half that by road. Deer hunting can be good, or tough. Almost as many moose. Wolves common. Even a couple deer flies this weekend! Just been a nice hideout with memories. Matter of fact one of my Colorado daughters and husband is coming up in October to hang out here a few days. She enjoyed it as a kid growing up here and hasn't been here since about 20 plus years ago. A picture leaving camp at end of deer season a few years ago.

29-Jul-18

What made me post this was reading the thread on why not buy your own place, as I sat alone at Who Cares Friday night(well,Trapper was there, sorry Trapper) contemplating all things important and knowing not a soul knew where I was. Elk season, I'm ready! My alternative is this County lease.. This shack sits amidst many thousands of acres of State and County lands and paper company lands open to public use. All the attention public lands are getting now certainly gets my attention as well. I know how fortunate we are.

29-Jul-18
Nice

29-Jul-18
Very nice! Would LOVE to have my own cabin someday!

29-Jul-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
Not ours, but one we stay in in South TX.

29-Jul-18

• Sitka Gear