semostickbow 15-Aug-18
Lv2hnt 16-Aug-18
Brotsky 16-Aug-18
APauls 16-Aug-18
Brotsky 16-Aug-18
jordanathome 16-Aug-18
JL 16-Aug-18
02-Aug-18
Thoughts? Enough difference between the two?

02-Aug-18
I was going to get the viper but the razor was on sale and there wasn’t much difference in price. When looking through different optics trying to decide I feel like I’m at the eye doctor.... good...... better..... best, I’m always waiting for him to tell me I’m wrong but he never does ??

02-Aug-18
Thoughts? Enough difference between the two?

02-Aug-18
Thanks, don’t know why that double posted. I saw that 11-33x50 razor sale as well.

02-Aug-18
Thanks, don’t know why that double posted. I saw that 11-33x50 razor sale as well.

02-Aug-18
I have an 11-33 razor I'll make you a great deal on!

02-Aug-18
There was enough difference to justify the price difference when I bought mine, I don't know if there is at full price.

02-Aug-18
Yes, there is enough difference especially at low light. I have a viper and my good buddy has the razor. His outperforms mine at low light. In regular light there is little difference but those low light hours is when you really notice it.

02-Aug-18
Is your buddy’s viper the 65mm or 80mm?

02-Aug-18
Razor all the way. My 85 mm scope was my best optics purchase I have ever made. The 10 x 42 Razor binocs was my second best.

Brotsky, Am I going to lose the use of my scope for a week in October? Lol

03-Aug-18
I’m looking either at the 50 Razor or 65 Viper. I don’t want to spend the $ the bigger Razors cost.

03-Aug-18
Michael, I may "borrow" it for verification purposes only :)

03-Aug-18
If you can swing the razor get it. It's a lot better!

03-Aug-18
Nat'l big hunting/fishing store will have the Razor 20-60x85 angled spotting scope for deep discounted sale starting Aug 10. Same one I bought for sheep glassing (VERY happy w/ it) ...

05-Aug-18
Like, how deeply discounted.....?

05-Aug-18
I bought mine for 60% off in February

05-Aug-18
Razor is discernably better than the vipers. If you glass a lot you will appreciate spending the extra few hundred. I see the razor as the bottom level of acceptable spotters. I couldn’t justify spending double that or more for top end glass but for the price the razor is great glass

05-Aug-18
Like, how deeply discounted.....?

06-Aug-18
Looks like close-out/"special buy." Save $500 off regular retail (about 1/3) ...

06-Aug-18
Neither

06-Aug-18
"neither" LOL, yeah, way better to go without.

If you put a cover on it no one needs to know its not Swarovski.

07-Aug-18
Been researching this for a month. Debating at this point over a Swaro or the Razor. Still undecided about pulling the trigger. Sales guy says most Swaro's are bought by Audubon people, he recommended the Razor because you "hunt with your Ford and take the Mercedes to the opera". Big difference between Viper and Razor I am told. I like to buy once and use it for life.

07-Aug-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Here's a pic taken with my I-phone through my 65mm Viper spotter from about 2 miles away. If someone ha a similar shot through a Razor you could post it up to give people some idea. It was a little smoky on the day I took this one.

10-Aug-18
So can you share the name of the store having the big sale starting today?

10-Aug-18
suspect.....google can't find it at that price.......

10-Aug-18
Can’t find the sale either?

10-Aug-18
Fake news

10-Aug-18
I had a Vortex, its gone, I now own a Styrka, just fit my eyes better.....

15-Aug-18
Bought a straight razor from a guy I know. Question: neoprene scope cover or no? Bass Pro has the 85mm on sale for $1k.

15-Aug-18
Brotsky are you being serious when you say that pic is from 2 miles away with the viper?

15-Aug-18
Bought a straight razor from a guy I know. Question: neoprene scope cover or no? Bass Pro has the 85mm on sale for $1k.

16-Aug-18
Sorry, I missed ongoing comments on this thread. It's Bass Pro that has the angled 20-60x85 Razor on a "special buy" for basically 1/3 off the regular retail price in their Fall Hunting Classic flyer (Aug 10-26). On front page in small print: "selection may vary by store," so this price may not be available on-line. On a personal note > I've owned this exact scope since 2014 and no complaints having used it glassing desert sheep, elk, deer, and antelope (and having looked through friends' Swarovskis) ...

16-Aug-18
Finey, yes, it may have been less or more, I didn’t measure it exactly. It’s an estimate. I used a digiscoping attachment and the photo was then cropped and zoomed for full disclosure, but yes it was at near that distance through a Viper.

Edit: I just measured the distance on my OnX, it was 1.62 miles to be exact so a little less.

16-Aug-18
DANG Brostky that's a heckuva great photo for that distance!

16-Aug-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I got REALLY lucky on that one and used a buddy’s MUCH nicer camera than I normally have. There was also zero mirage and perfect light. I should post a much more typical picture you would get at that distance to provide guys with a more realistic expectation. That typically looks something like this one when you are dealing with mirage, a cell phone or cheap camera, etc. Better to base your expectations of the Viper on this one rather than that one! Ha!

16-Aug-18
Sportsmans has it online for $1049.99

16-Aug-18

JL's Link
My community service tip for the week. If you are a credentialed LEO or active duty/retired military person with ID/DD-214, I recommend joining ExpertVoice. Many companies (100's?) sell here at a deep discount if you fit in the categories above. Vortex stuff sells at a (very) great discount. I just bought a nice 30mm tube Viper HS LR scope for my .300 Winny. Yes...Viper and Razor spotting scopes are there. All sorts of companies sell to the above folks thru ExpertVoice.....camping, fishing, hunting, archery, sports, non-sports, survival, tactical, clothing, etc. Way too many categories to list.

• Sitka Gear