Jaquomo 05-Aug-18
Jaquomo 05-Aug-18
goelk 05-Aug-18
goelk 06-Aug-18
WapitiBob 06-Aug-18
Thornton 06-Aug-18
Zbone 07-Aug-18
03-Aug-18
Checking to see if i can land a plane in lock land colorado ,bush pilot Keep you posted

03-Aug-18
book a helicopter

03-Aug-18
Sure ! Question is, will you live over it ?

04-Aug-18
Bigger question with a fixed wing is if you can take off with a load

04-Aug-18
i dont need whole much space. there a road or meadow. but not sure legal waiting to hear from BLM.

04-Aug-18
NF no. BLM should be a go, especially on a two track road. Like any other vehicle should be. Actually on the retirement drawing board.....

My understanding is clearances/waivers and/or permits are needed if a for hire flight. i.e. "commercial". If a private plane no real permission required if on a two track road OK for other vehicles. The experimentals are the cutting edge of this stuff.... if you have a 100-150 yards it can be done. But are not certified "for hire".

04-Aug-18
well you know as well as I do, we are all covered by Federal regulations, and state laws, not hard to check that........

NF no,,,,,, lakes are also regulated

04-Aug-18
I worked with a doctor that dropped his buddy out of a Stearman biplane with a parachute to bowhunt a high meadow.

04-Aug-18
How did the parachute get him back out? Airspace above private land is generally off limits. Distance varies by area. Makes these attempts challenging.

04-Aug-18
Blm needs a designated place to land, approved by them prior, or a road.

The biggest issue will be, has an adjacent landowner enrolled the public into his Ranching for Wildlife hunt area making it off limits for public hunting.

04-Aug-18
I do not think you can "enroll" BLM land and make it off limits to the general public. Legal access is a seperate issue. I know nothing of landing a plane on BLM.

04-Aug-18

SixLomaz's Link
Randy did it.

04-Aug-18

WapitiBob's Link
"After a long series of discussions, some very patient BLM employees regretfully inform me that under Colorado commission regulation, not state law, Ranching for Wildlife operators can enroll public lands into their program and have that public land treated as part of their operating base. They then get allocated RFW tags based on that public acreage.

And here is the real kicker - the reason my permit was denied. Those landowners then control the public hunting on these public lands. Yup, my public tag is not good on those public lands. I have to purchase a landowner voucher from the RFW operator in order to hunt those public lands. Again, I cannot use my public tag on OUR public lands, according to CO commission regulations, so my filming permit to hunt and film on these public lands will not be approved.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?243138-Colorado-Filming-Permit-Denied

04-Aug-18
Sounds like a lawsuit is in order...

05-Aug-18
Yes this should be challenge in court.

05-Aug-18
We can't hunt on state land in CO either, even though it's "public land". It is all leased, sometimes to outfitters and sometimes to adjacent landowners, sometimes to other state agencies (including CPW). In that case, hunters actually pay to hunt public land. Many confuse government-owned land held in the public trust with "public land".

I crack up when I see those BHA t-shirts saying "Public Land Owner". Sounds romantic but that's only partly true. We are allowed to hunt and recreate on SOME government-owned land where various agencies cooperate and jointly agree to permit it.

05-Aug-18
Another example - a nonresident cant hunt huge tracts of National Forest in WY without hiring a guide. We can fish, camp, backpack, pick berries, whatever, but we cant hunt because the State of WY doesn't allow unguided hunting on "our public land".

05-Aug-18
WapitBob thanks for the heads up on RFW. After reading that it insane. i noticed the post was 2010. Looking if anything change since. flying private. The only reason why im doing this . There a ton of elk.

06-Aug-18
No RFW in area. I will have an answer soon. BLM trouble management team meeting of my request Tuesday morning to grant authorzation or no.

06-Aug-18
There you go, not 1-100 will do what you did. Hope it works out.

06-Aug-18
The guy hiked out to a cabin 3 miles away and his buddies picked him up

07-Aug-18
Bastards

• Sitka Gear