Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
hitmanatgym 04-Aug-18
Whocares 04-Aug-18
Dino 04-Aug-18
hitmanatgym 04-Aug-18
Charlie Rehor 04-Aug-18
04-Aug-18
Hey guys, I am looking to step into this century and get an app for my phone that will tell me where I am and where my stand locations are. What app do you use/or recommend?

Hitman

04-Aug-18
Onx has served me well and accurate. Have Colorado. Just received updated chip and has the property updates in areas I'm familiar with that had ownership changes in the last two years. The fact you can download your hunt location maps and save them to pull up when you have no cell service is great. Have your phone on airplane mode. Can have your waypoints etc saved right on the map. Gives you a choice of selecting topo, aerial, or combo of both. And of course able to zoom in. Only one I have used.. Their are free one apps available but you need cell service. One I have on my phone is Antler Insanity that I use back home some. Gives you good aerial view, can set waypoints etc also. Even gives you local weather at your location. Works in Colorado or anywhere too but need cell service. And no ownership info.

04-Aug-18
Another vote here for On X maps.

04-Aug-18
Thanks guys. Funny thing about the OnX is that this am I was on camo fire and that is what got me thinking. So I guess I will buy that now!!!

Hitman

04-Aug-18
I use Onx Maps for my Western hunts but since you posted on the Whitetail forum for me it would be Scoutlook, HuntStand or both. Free apps!

On Scoutlook I have 475 stands marked in 8 whitie States:) I can walk right to any one of them in the dark. Gives me weather and wind hour to hour. Good luck! C

• Sitka Gear