Corn bore 06-Aug-18
Huntcell 06-Aug-18
grubby 06-Aug-18
Bou'bound 06-Aug-18
Franklin 06-Aug-18
dj 06-Aug-18
bowhunter24 06-Aug-18
06-Aug-18
I picked up a nice pronghorn mount on craigslist this weekend (cheap) and it has a bug problem. I planned on putting it in garage anyway but whats a good way to get rid of the bugs and prevent further damage? Thanks

06-Aug-18
Bag it up and spray it.

06-Aug-18
quarantine it

06-Aug-18
Spray with Raid.

06-Aug-18
Tempo.

06-Aug-18
Get rid of it ASAP! If you have other mounts don’t even take the chance . “ Insects rule the world”

06-Aug-18
I spray my with permethrin every couple of years. beings it already has bugs id put it in a big contracter bag, shoot a bunch of raid or similar, tie off and let it sit for several days.

06-Aug-18
Ask a professional what they would do

06-Aug-18
First off you need to weigh the cost of having this mount. This mount is attracting bugs for a reason. The bugs CAN gravitate to other mounts you have even from your garage. That being said you can do as some said and "bag it and spray" or deep freeze it. If you bag, sprinkle the entire mount with Borax and then spray with the strongest bug spray you can get. Try to leave some of the Borax in the mount when you clean the mount afterwards. If you can get your hands on a commercial product that`s the best...they need a actual license to disperse that. After that periodic treatments even with "Home Defense" spray will keep bugs off.

06-Aug-18
My taxidermist advised me to spray all my mounts every couple years with .5% permethrin.

If you ever see Little moths flitting about, get on it ASAP. The other thing to look for are little rice shaped crispies on the floor around your mounts. This is where larvae have hatched.

Permethrin sprayed on your pronghorn should get the live larvae. Follow up in about ten days to get eggs that had not hatched at first spraying.

06-Aug-18
Thanks guys no other mounts between being a bad hunter and not being able to kill anything over 114". I have only mounted a couple of fish, so bag and spray it. I use borax on turkey fans so I will apply some of that too! Thanks

• Sitka Gear