Contributors to this thread:
COHOYTHUNTER 06-Aug-18
x-man 06-Aug-18
COHOYTHUNTER 06-Aug-18
Trial153 06-Aug-18
Ermine 08-Aug-18
Julius Koenig 08-Aug-18
06-Aug-18
Has anyone used these vanes? Specifically, has anyone used them in a four fletch with fixed blade broadheads? I am thinking of using these.. I like their low profile and weight.. I just wonder if they have enough surface area to control a fixed blade

06-Aug-18
I used to use them on my outdoor target and FITA arrows. They adhere well, but not very forgiving to contact, meaning they can become deformed if you pass-thru a target. If your bow is tuned well, they would be sufficient for BH flight in a 4-fletch IMO.

06-Aug-18
good to know.. I currently use heat vanes, but a couple of things I don't like is the weight or more specifically the variance of weight (meaning they are advertised at 6grns but upon weighing them, they are anywhere from 5.8 to 7.2 grns.) and I don't like the super stiff material.. But in a 3 fletch I got good broadhead flight and in a 4 fletch got really good broadhead flight... my point, is that there is not too much difference in size between heat and AAE PM 2.3, the heats are slightly taller by slightly, I mean .05 inches approx..

06-Aug-18
Edit...these are not vanes I used. I used the pro max and didn’t like them.

08-Aug-18
I shot the PM 23 in a 4 fletch. Thought they worked great. Quiet setup and shot good. I found AAE vanes to be tougher than Vanetec

08-Aug-18
I love the 2.6 aae plastifletch.

• Sitka Gear