Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
sun up on opening day
sun up on opening day
Yea, Iam talking about you.
Yea, Iam talking about you.
Set up the BD blind yesterday 20 yards from a water tank on private property within an hour of home. Placed out two trail cameras that I will check next Sunday in preparation for the Colorado opener on August 15. I am ready. my best, Paul

08-Aug-18
I put out my blind Wednesday of last week on some private an hour east of Denver. I think 34 hail storms have gone through since. I’m pretty sure it is sitting somewhere in Nebraska by now.

08-Aug-18
Good luck gentlemen! Looking forward to seeing how the season goes.

08-Aug-18
not going until the beginning of september so I figure I have a few more weeks before the blinds need to go up. good luck on the opener

08-Aug-18
Good luck Paul!! Can't wait to hear the story.

08-Aug-18
Good luck guys! This is one I'll be following, for sure. Looking forward to the day when I can finally make this hunt happen.

08-Aug-18
Leaving Monday for Wyoming. It’s a little more than an hour west of my house though, more like 15 hours! ;)

Starting to get excited.

—jim

08-Aug-18
Good luck guys. Post lots of pics.

08-Aug-18
Good lick to you all. God Bless men

08-Aug-18
Good luck Paul. I'll be chasing them in Wy in a couple weeks.

08-Aug-18
Blind has been up two weeks, saw four prospects in that pasture. One week from today!

08-Aug-18
Good luck, My wife and I are going out the 15th of Sept and hunt the rut for 10 days, always fun.

08-Aug-18
I am ready but will be leaving a little later than first planned due to an unforeseen commitment. I am averaging softball sized groups at 60 yards and have all my gear laid out on the ping pong table. For now, I am in "hurry up and wait" mode. Best of luck to everyone.

08-Aug-18
I'm ready!!!

08-Aug-18
I leave 8/27 for WY. Going to hunt lopes and then pack in with a friend for elk. :)

08-Aug-18
I’m ready for sure! I leave for Montana on 9/7 for goats and mulies. Can’t get here soon enough! Best of luck guys.

08-Aug-18
I’m ready too:)

08-Aug-18
Good luck all!

08-Aug-18
I'm ready for your hunt recap Paul !

08-Aug-18
That's a critter high on my list. One of these days I hope.

08-Aug-18
Leave 8/31 for WY! Can't wait! 1st trip was in 2016, hoping for a repeat! Would love to see some success pictures from opening week(s)

08-Aug-18
Best of luck gents! I’m still 15 days out. As most of my areas are on public land, I’ll wait another 10 days or so to put my blinds out.

08-Aug-18
leaving for Gillette wy-saturday. spend a couple of days setting up blinds for the 15th. we each have a buck and doe/fawn tag

08-Aug-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe!

Im ready too. Im so tired of 'pre-season practice' - Next week will find me going an hour north to WY to fill my doe tag.

08-Aug-18
Trying my first out of state hunt in Colorado!! Super pumped to try a new adventure!

09-Aug-18
I'm getting ready to go up to Alberta to decoy one Sept. 16th. Decoying them during the rut can get real exciting:-)

09-Aug-18
I'm leaving in the morning for far western Wyoming. Plan to get blinds set a few days before the opener. It's been really dry, and no rain in sight, so waterholes should be active. Hoping the goats get used to our blinds quickly.

09-Aug-18
Just talked to my friend in Mt and he is putting out the blinds this week man this next few weeks is gonna kill me.

10-Aug-18
Put my blind up last week at a waterhole that I’ll be sharing with 150 sheep. Hope the blind is still standing on the 15th! Mutton anyone?!

10-Aug-18
My friend will be setting up blinds this weekend. Should be great.

12-Aug-18

Checked my setup today, My setup on Wed. in the distance. These bucks were within 1/4 mile. Checked trial camera.
Checked my setup today, My setup on Wed. in the distance. These bucks were within 1/4 mile. Checked trial camera.

12-Aug-18
Nice Paul keep it coming!

12-Aug-18
Dang! I'm pumped!

12-Aug-18
Checked the trail camera at the blind that I had activated on August 8th. For three days all I got was does and fawns. On 8/8 a doe came to drink at 12:40 am, Yes in the middle of the night. On 8/9, one doe at 1 pm, one doe at 4:33 pm, three does at 4:35 pm and one doe at 9:26 PM. On 8/10 a doe and fawn at 1:38 pm, five does at 6:10 pm. On 8/11, one doe at 10:46 am, doe at 2:14 pm, 5 does and fawns at 6:10 pm.

On camera two I had 1011 hits but 95% was the wind and grass blowing.

No bucks on camera but a few around. Animals still in buck and doe groups. Temps up to 102 degrees. Plan on setting in the blind all day for the first 2-3 days. Lots of water, food, reading material, head phone radio. Will be a Long day.

Not a lot of animals around on this cattle ranch where I am hunting, maybe 6-8 bucks and 12-15 does. But this is where the three water tanks are.

I am ready. Will sleep in the truck Tuesday night and other nights, ride the mt bike 1/2 mile to the blind. Bucks only until Sept 1, so I need a buck to come by. Two more days. my best , Paul

20-Aug-18
Officially ready! Camp set, blinds up, and watching the calendar for four more days!

• Sitka Gear