TexasBuck 08-Aug-18
longspeak74 09-Aug-18
Russ Koon 10-Aug-18
longspeak74 10-Aug-18
Kbc 11-Aug-18
Kbc 11-Aug-18
PECO 11-Aug-18
08-Aug-18
I have the opportunity to pick up a Mathews No Cam. Personally, haven't shot one but heard they are super smooth...also heard they are a bit on the slow side. Can anyone shed a little light on how they do on elk?

08-Aug-18
Man, don’t know if that bow will kill and elk, might want to rethink it. Might want to talk to Elkman on here and get an unbiased opinion!

—jim

08-Aug-18
I already know what his answer will be... This would be a back up to my Prime.

08-Aug-18
In addition to your comments they are super heavy as well. Good bow that will get the job done though!

08-Aug-18
It will easily kill elk if it is a 50, 60 or 70 pound model. Smooth, easy drawing usually equates to a bit slower bow. But I'd rather have slower, smoother and adequate compared to harsh and fast. But that's just me. Never know, it might replace the Prime after you shoot it. And I don't think it is extremely heavy. Pretty average bow weight really. Lighter than their current offerings.

08-Aug-18
Best ,smoothest , fastest bow I have ever owned. Buy it you will not be disappointed!

08-Aug-18
Super heavy? It's 4.14 pounds.

08-Aug-18
I have a message into my shop about switching mods over to 75%. Considering my Alloy comes in at 4.2 pounds...

08-Aug-18
Love my no cam. Haven't killed yet, but got another 'hiking trip' in 2 weeks. Let you know how it kills an elk then.

08-Aug-18
I wouldn't even get a no cam for my wife hahaha .

08-Aug-18
i got one, great bow. killed an elk with it no problem. since when is 330 ibo slow.

08-Aug-18
#1 the No Cam is NOT a heavy bow. Long riser makes it very stable and its well balanced.

#2 I'm not sure why its a concern about being enough bow for elk but, if a longbow can kill an elk, this bow will kill an elk. If compounds from the 70's and 80's were able to kill elk, No Cam will kill elk.

#3 If speed is a major concern its not your bow. 330 IBO with 65% let off mods at the standard 350/70 but in reality its about 310fps.

08-Aug-18
Sorry guys, was thinking of the almost 5 pound Halon on weight. Thanks for setting me straight.

08-Aug-18
Have owned many great bows over the years (and many Mathews bows). No Cam HTR is the hands down best shooting bow I have ever owned (not the fastest, but I have moved on past the "need for speed" and settled into a heavy arrow/ high FOC/ quiet bow set up). No Cam is also the quietest bow I have ever owned (night and day between it and my back up bow (Elite Answer, which isn't exactly loud). I am shooting 512 grain FMJs this year and producing 67.1138 foot lbs of Kinetic Energy and .5524 Slugs of Momentum which is sufficient to hunt Big Game/ Dangerous Game like Moose/Grizzlies. Your mileage may vary depending on your set-up (% let off, draw weight, draw length, string weight, etc...). https://www.hunting-bow.com/pages/kinetic-energy-momentum-calculator

09-Aug-18
Thanks for all the responses...sounds like I need to take a look!

10-Aug-18
A good friend loaned me his NoCam backup bow when I was considering upgrading last year from my old reliable 1995 LX.

I quickly got used to the NC, and did a good bit of side-by-side comparison, with both bows set to same weight and draw length, and both shooting my Beman 340 hunters.

No chrono testing but the apparent performance was very close to the same in pin spacing and apparent flight and penetration on various targets, as the specs would make one expect. Both were very shootable bows, with the NC having a slight edge IMO.

The NC ws also slightly lighter and shorter, and even though my LX with 10" Doinker, limbsaver string silencers and cable silencers has always been very quiet, the NC was still noticeably quieter yet without any of those noise reducers.

I didn't buy it at that time, because of other considerations, but I'll be checking with him soon to see if the deal is still available. I was just starting my switch from fingers to release at the time, and was fighting target panic that made me go back to fingers as season approached. Now that I've committed to a release and finally got the TP coming under control, I'm thinking very strongly about that shorter, lighter, and quieter bow. It was definitely not very "finger-friendly" even at y 27 1/2" DL, but was a sweet shooter with a D-loop and release.

10-Aug-18
Well...between job sites this morning, I quickly stopped into my local shop (a Mathews/Hoyt dealer). Pulled back a 75% No Cam they had sitting there in a similar DL. Honestly, wasn't impressed with how it felt.

11-Aug-18
I like mine you can buy a bow every year if you want always something better next year

11-Aug-18
I like mine you can buy a bow every year if you want always something better next year

11-Aug-18
No Cam won't kill an elk, but the Rage tipped arrow you send from it will.

• Sitka Gear