elkmtngear 09-Aug-18
Treeline 09-Aug-18
Bou'bound 10-Aug-18
Trial153 10-Aug-18
elkmo 10-Aug-18
kota-man 11-Aug-18
PoudreCanyon 11-Aug-18
08-Aug-18
Looking for a rain suit for a high country hunt . Must be quite. Not to worried about price. What have you used and liked or disliked? Thanks

08-Aug-18
The quietest I have used is Cabelas MT 050. However after the wet sept CO had in ‘13. I learned I did not want to pack that around in the mountains. It takes for ever to dry, it’s bulky and on the heavy side of rain gear.

Since then I have went to Cabelas space rain. It’s very light, packs down small and drys quick. The 3 qualities I look at the most for mountain hunting. Quiet was put down the list on wants when it comes to rain gear.

09-Aug-18
Space Rain is what I use. If its raining hard, noise isn't an issue. Usually only take the jacket unless a big rain is expected.

09-Aug-18
Space Rain

09-Aug-18
Space Rain x4

09-Aug-18
Space Rain x5. 1st set is 14 years old and has NO rips, tears etc. Just bought new set this spring on sale.

09-Aug-18
Wow. Thanks for the advice all. I will check it out!!

09-Aug-18
I would recommend Sitka or Kuiu! Both have lifetime warrantees. Make sure your jacket has pitzips or you will get wet from the inside out. If you are pinched for cash I would recommend Marmot Precip. I've bought several from Sierra Trading for around $40 each.

09-Aug-18
I’ve got a Sitka Dewpoint jacket and Poseidon Kryptek pants.

I can stand in the shower and not get wet.

Dewpoint jacket is sweet. The pit zips tied into the pockets is super smart.

09-Aug-18
Space rain for me too. Stayed dry in snow and rain in Montana last year while elk hunting.

09-Aug-18
Space rain for always carrying. Light and easy to put on in a hurry. You will carry it with you. More durable heavy rain gear biggest down fall is that when you need it you won't have it because you left it back at the truck or camp.

09-Aug-18
What's the best kuiu for September high country?

09-Aug-18
Space Rain. On sale now Cabela’s

09-Aug-18
Space Rain, and my Umbrella !

09-Aug-18
I have the KUIU Chugatch and Space Rain gear. Space rain is great for the storms we get in Colorado but not overly tough. Have shredded sets on horseback. The KUIU stuff is definitely better made, but neither is super quiet. I think the Yukon stuff is quieter than the Chugatch.

10-Aug-18
Yukon is much tougher heavier and more expensive. I have both and they are different enough to have each. you could live in Yukon even if not raining,

10-Aug-18
Dew point jacket and pants

10-Aug-18
space rain

11-Aug-18
Sitka Dewpoint is the best “lightweight” rain gear I’ve used.

11-Aug-18
I bought the first lite vapor stormlight jacket and stormtight pants this summer in preparation for my mountain goat hunt. Haven’t had them out in a real soaker yet but they’re stout in construction and stupid lightweight and packable. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Sitka Gear