GregE 11-Aug-18
Ironbow 11-Aug-18
ELKMAN 12-Aug-18
dirtclod Az. 12-Aug-18
HUNT MAN 12-Aug-18
Ironbow 13-Aug-18
elkstabber 14-Aug-18
09-Aug-18
Are there any portable bow presses that will work on a Hoyt Defiant? I have a Bowmaster but it is not recommended, even with the new brackets.

09-Aug-18
it does work with a defiant and bowmaster. I have done it. there is a set of brackets that is sold separately that are properly angled and have enough gap to fit the larger cams. I was leery and it worked perfectly for the occasional pressing that is carefully done. Or you spend $300 on a real press. Life is about options

10-Aug-18
Any link on those ‘brackets’ Bou?

10-Aug-18

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
G2 brackets.

10-Aug-18
Good to know, thanks.

10-Aug-18
Thanks Bou...

10-Aug-18
Like with any portable press just be careful, go slow, and make sure things are right and solid as you press it so nothing slips, but they work absolutely fine. I would not want to be running a bow shop business with a bowmaster, but for personal use to change strings, install a peep, etc. these things are golden.

11-Aug-18

GregE's Link
Pay attention to the Two Widths. My Mathews DXT has narrow split limbs and needs the 3/4 width. Guessing St &Ard is Standard vice the wide model

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FH777JC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11-Aug-18
Thanks Bou.

12-Aug-18
You can also pin em in a pinch to do string work

12-Aug-18
buy new bow,less expensive...

12-Aug-18
P cord and a ratchet strap. Do ask me how I know:)

13-Aug-18
I found one that will work on any bow! The Nite Hawk. Not quite as small and portable as the Bowmaster but certainly looks good.

14-Aug-18

elkstabber's Link
Here is the link for the Nite Hawk bow press. It sells for $137. Will it work for the Carbon Defiant? Any feedback?

• Sitka Gear