Backpack Hunter 11-Aug-18
RutnStrut 11-Aug-18
cnelk 12-Aug-18
ground hunter 12-Aug-18
wvbowbender 12-Aug-18
Hunter77 12-Aug-18
stick n string 12-Aug-18
11-Aug-18
Looking for a new climber. Lightweight and comfortable. I'm willing to spend some money for those two perks.

11-Aug-18
Treewalker

11-Aug-18
LW ! Shawn

11-Aug-18
Muddy stalker X100

11-Aug-18
Both lightweight and comfortable are pretty subjective, but for me, I would say Lone Wolf strikes a good balance between the two.

11-Aug-18
Lone Wolf or XOP.

12-Aug-18
I really like my XOP but they’ve been outta stock for awhile

12-Aug-18
I have a Summit Viper SD..... If you really want to be super mobile I would not recommend it. it is comfortable, safe, and works well, but still comes in at 18lbs. all carrying straps are a pain. However last week I purchased from XOP, their Tree Stand Transportation System, so attached to that, it now carries very well..................

I like both the XOP and LW. The fold flatter, and are lighter. Now some will say, that a hand climber is hard to use. I say they are not, most use the climber wrong, so they struggle. The trick to a hand climber, is after you lift the bottom up, and secure, step back on the stand, to simply move up the seat/top, than reposition your feet, for your next move with the bottom section.......

Yesterday I looked at the lightest stand, is was the Xstand, climber, aluminum, and it came in at 12 lbs. What I did not like about it, was that the tree straps, stick out too far and would catch on a lot of stuff, in the woods, that I hunt.............

all climbers, like all stands, will make noise, anywhere there is metal to metal contact. I recommend Stealth strips, to quiet any metal area. I have also used moleskin and pipe insulation.....

Also get from 3rd Hand, stabilizer straps, they make the whole world of climbers a lot easier, and to me they are a must.......................

I use other methods, hang on etc, but I believe that a quality climber is the safest way to climb a tree. along with your safety harness, you are always attached to that tree.....

again I am coming from a mobile hunters point of view......... good luck

12-Aug-18
Treewalker

12-Aug-18
Ended up ordering a LW. Shall see.

12-Aug-18
The stalker is sweet. Damn good price for a quiet, light stand. I generally dont need much comfort to be comfortable while hunting, so i cant say bout that. But for sure it beats my summit hands down. Im with ya all the way on that, JTV

• Sitka Gear