weekender21 13-Aug-18
Arrowone 13-Aug-18
dj 13-Aug-18
Boris 16-Aug-18
APauls 16-Aug-18
bowhunter55 16-Aug-18
Will 16-Aug-18
11-Aug-18
I know that everybody has their favorite broadheads. Like me, I shot for many years the Thunderheads. Took many deer and Antelope with them. Then I switched to coc. Well, The other day a friend told me about the Slick Tricks. An that they fly great. He is taking his fletch off at 40 yards with them. A couple of days ago, my serving broke an my arrows started to fly all over. I kept telling myself that it was me. Then I noticed the serving. Took it to get fixed. While there, I saw the ST. Asked about them. The shop owner stated that is all he shoots. Bought a pack. Put one on, first shot was dead nuts at 20 yards. I thought I missed. Could not see the arrow. The thing that has impressed me the most. is I have shot that head roughly 30 times into the block target. An it is still razor sharp. I can shave hair off my arm. I have seen different videos, but what are your thoughts. I have the 1 inch 4 blade 100gr.

11-Aug-18
I shoot the standards and they rock man... all slik tricks get good reviews!!

11-Aug-18
Good well built affordable bh's!

11-Aug-18
Through the years, I’ve used probably 15 different broadheads. For one reason or another, I’ve always found reasons to try something else. Last year I tried Slick Trick ViperTricks. Let’s just say I’m not looking for new broadheads any longer.

11-Aug-18
I use slick standards. They're simple and effective. They fly great and pack a punch. I have ones I practice with that stay sharp for a ton of shots through the target.

I see no reason to switch unless someone gives me different ones to try out.

They just released wicked tricks which some dudes from this forum have been making for years. They look brutal. I believe it's a magnum x vipertrick.

11-Aug-18
Slick Tricks will be on the end of my Axis arrows this year.

11-Aug-18
SlickTrick fan for years. They cause great damage for such a small head.

Just today I loaded up my quiver w 5 and resharpened 10 more replacement blades.

That’s what really sold me on them is the nice ability to resharpen the blades easily on my Gatco.

My Iron Will bleeder blades suck to resharpen and that’s a big drawback.

12-Aug-18
Are they a true COC head? Can the tip be sharpened or is it hardened? I've never shot them but keep hearing great reviews. Im thinking of getting some for my daughter to shoot this year since she'll have lower KE.

12-Aug-18
The standards have done well for me on a few deer. I think they are probably the sharpest out of the box broadheads. The worst one damage so far has been a few nicks on the blades and I believe this is because they are so razor sharp it makes the edge kind of brittle. I had all good blood trails with them and don’t let the 1” cut fool you they make a big hole considering. Fuzz, I’m not sure you can call them a true COC but they are the best of both worlds being sorta coc but tough at the same time because the tip is not blades.

12-Aug-18
I don’t consider them coc, but you can if that suits you. I used the magnum version with very good results. They are one of the best in my view.

12-Aug-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is a 100gr ST unassembled.

12-Aug-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is it assembled. No tools required- all blades are the same size

12-Aug-18
Probably won't find many bad reviews on them. They are a great head as stated above.

12-Aug-18
I use the ST magnum 125g. for everything. For some reason they fly really well with my set-up (Mathews Z7 with CE Red arrows).

12-Aug-18
I've tried a lot of heads and always end up gravitating back to ST's. Mags, standards, razors, I've killed with them all. Vipers are in the bullpen.

12-Aug-18
"No tools required" Did they change the design? I tried them I think about 5 years ago and they had a small set screw and came with a little tool.

12-Aug-18
I've used ST Mags the last two or three years. Everything died but I had better bloodtrails with the G5 Strikers that I used to use. The only animal lost was a 125 lb. sow hog and I didn't look for her long, because I don't eat them. The buzzards found her about 75 yards from where I stopped looking though. If it had been a deer I would have found her or got my dog. They do hit exactly with my field points.

12-Aug-18
ST fan here. Been very pleased.

12-Aug-18
Great head...I’ve used them for about 10 years.

12-Aug-18
I've used them and like them a lot. have since switched to magnus black hornets but would use the tricks if I couldn't get the hornets w/o any complaints.

12-Aug-18
I just finished shooting my five one more time before the season starts. Hope to send one a week from today.

12-Aug-18
Been using them successfully for about 10 years now. Put them through a bunch of critters and they have produced every time. Think they are one of the best heads on the market and very reasonably priced.

12-Aug-18
I have had ST standards in my BH portfolio since 2008. Good, solid made head that does some damage.

12-Aug-18
I figured that I was going to get the response that you guys have said. I feel that I made a good choice. Now if I can get my head in the game/shot.

12-Aug-18
They are a very good broadhead but these would be considered a "chisel point" not a CoC point.

12-Aug-18
I've definitely killed more animals with Slick Tricks than any other BH. Lately I've been wanting to try out some of the top-of-the market lifetime guarantee broadheads (iron will and Bishop). Interesting concept with a broadhead that's virtually indestructible.

For now, I still have ST's on the pointy end. They are crazy sharp out of the package, much sharper than most. For me, the blades are one and done. Replacement blades are cheap and I usually just cycle the used blades into my practice BH box.

12-Aug-18
Weekender look at Tooth of The Arrow broadheads like a solid ST.

12-Aug-18
I remember old hoot owl! Those were some great threads!

12-Aug-18
I used the slick trick mags for years and then tried the viper tricks last year. They both fly just like my field points. I'm gonna try the new wicked tricks this year.

12-Aug-18

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Ugh, don’t shoot at the same target with two arrows.

13-Aug-18
spike78, the tooth of the arrow are cool looking heads. I like the one piece idea but they're made out of similar steel as most other heads out there. I wouldn't hesitate to use them but the Iron Wills and Bishops are in a different class.

13-Aug-18
Also big fan of ST 100gr. Been shooting them for years and very happy!!

13-Aug-18
My wife and I have been shooting 100 grain Slick Trick standards for many years with great success. One trip to Africa she and I took 14 animals between us.

From duiker to eland, from whitetail to elk, bear, and moose Slick Tricks have worked for us.

I did go for Silver Flames for Cape Buffalo, Asiatic Buffalo, and Musk Ox but many other critters have succumbed to STs.

Like some others hear have said, I reuse blades/heads for practice so I wanted to share a problem I encountered a couple years back. I had an arrow flight issue develope. For some reason I was no longer grouping. It turned out to be a bent ferrule that was not real obvious but it was enough to steer that arrow well out of the group. That is now one of the first things I check when grouping issues occur.

16-Aug-18
I want to thank you people for the heads-up on the broadheads. I know that when I shoot something an see for myself, I will be good. Change is always hard. Now I have been shooting with 4" 3 fletch. Thinking/looking at trying 3 or 4 fletch blazers. If you think 4 fletch, would you go with 75-105 or 90-180. davep

16-Aug-18
Killed my first elk with a ST standard. I don't care what broadhead you shoot don't ever shoot at the same spot from any distance. Unless you enjoy breaking things.

16-Aug-18
Love my Tricks. Been shooting them for 13yrs. Last few years have been the D6 mags with FMJ injexion arrows. Absolutely deadly combo.

16-Aug-18
Tricks are great. Durable, fly great, do damage. Awesome heads all around.

• Sitka Gear