Trophyseeker 13-Aug-18
spike78 13-Aug-18
Jpayne 05-Nov-18
Kelvinator 09-Oct-19
mattandersen 09-Oct-19
Will 09-Oct-19
RD 11-Oct-19
12-Aug-18
Curious if anyone has used or uses the Deadmeat broadhead? Some reviews said it did not open up to 1.5” and more like 1 1/4”.

12-Aug-18
I used it all last year and really like it. I will be using this year as well. Great durability and Penetration. I shot Antelope, elk and deer with it and all were fmdown within sight or 80 yards.

12-Aug-18
Did it open to 1.5”?

12-Aug-18
I had a question about the collar thing- does it stay on the ferrule or does it come off when unscrewed from the shaft? How durable is it?

I’m looking for a three blade mech that doesn’t use bands or anything removable (shock collar) etc since I don’t want to mess with tiny parts separate from the Broadhead.

12-Aug-18
I used the deep six version last season with great results. Pass throughs on 2 mature bucks, 1.5” holes and ample, short blood trails. Both heads still spun true and are back in the quiver with new blades.

The blue clip remains on the ferule and is very sturdy. They include extra clips with each pack of heads.

I’ll be using them again this season for mulies, antelope and whiteys.

12-Aug-18
I shot some in Africa this summer on the recommendation of a friend. I think they are pretty good, but I don’t think that I’ll be making them my fulltime Broadhead choice. I have no idea if they open the full 1.5”, never measured it.

The blue retention clip things are removable, but pretty durable and generally reusable (but do come wirh extras). They are certainly more substantial the the Rage “shock collar”. I don’t think the retention rings would be my reason for not using them, I actually kinda liked them!

—jim

12-Aug-18
I used them on a caribou and deer last season. I wasn’t overwhelmed with the blood trail but I made marginal hits on both

13-Aug-18
I did not measure the holes they made. I didn't really care since since most of what I shot fell within sight. The blue collars do come off and are pretty slick. Tjere is a ball on tje bottom of tje blade that "snaps" into the socket on the blue collar. You can hear and feel it snap in so there is no question whether your blades are in place.

13-Aug-18
After a recent conversation, I have thought about trying these. I think I might just. Jeff.

13-Aug-18
Guys, I just reached out to G5. They offered to ship 1 sample Deadmeat 100 grain free to anyone who sends thier Name, Shipping address, and phone # to [email protected] You must put "Bowsite Deadmeat" in the subject line. If this breaks any Bowsite rules please remove the post. I wanted to pass along an offer they extended.

13-Aug-18
Wow good deal on G5! Thanks

05-Nov-18

Jpayne's embedded Photo
Entry.
Jpayne's embedded Photo
Entry.
Jpayne's embedded Photo
Exit
Jpayne's embedded Photo
Exit
Did the job today. Watched the deer fall so I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking at the blood but looked decent.

09-Oct-19
I got the sample broad-head using the link above. Thank you! Killed a nice doe on opening day with it. Spine-shot her so I had to replace a couple blades, but ferrule looks good as new and the point is still sharp!

09-Oct-19
even though this thread is a year old it still worked?

09-Oct-19
It feels to me, like the Deadmeat is extremely similar to the Wasp Z-Force. It looks so similar that it feels like G5 wanted to do their version of the Z-Force. Have any of you who have used the DM experimented with the Z-Force?

11-Oct-19
Just tracked a deer Monday shot with deadmeat, wasn't at all impressed with the bloodtrail. The guy made a good shot but the deer still went about six hundred yards.

• Sitka Gear