Contributors to this thread:
Tom 12-Aug-18
Ucsdryder 12-Aug-18
Jpayne 12-Aug-18
RJ Hunt 13-Aug-18
Jethro 13-Aug-18
Bou'bound 13-Aug-18
12-Aug-18
Put nocturnal's on my bow and checked my arrow weight, was 10 grain heavier. Had to put a different sight tape on the bow, Halon set at 70 lbs. Seems like the more I shoot it the lower it shoots, practicing at 70 yards. So I noticed that my string in not in the middle of the timing holes anymore, put my bow on the scale and it says 66 llbs. Checked my scale with a couple bags of softer salt and it seems really close. Shot a 3 inch 4 arrow group with it at 50 yards, but longer ranges have been a lot more open than that, should I retime the bow? Think it will up my poundage to where it should be? It's 2 years old with original string

12-Aug-18
Sounds like your string stretched. Pretty standard for a 2 year old string. Add some twists to get the ata and bh back in spec and that should solve the draw weight issue. Then time the cams with the cables and you should be good to go.

12-Aug-18
I had a similar experience, I would get a new string. I went from 60 to 64 with just changing out my old string. Jeff

13-Aug-18
I would replace your sting and cables asap. Seems when they start to move like that you could be in for a failure. Not worth an injury or losing a hunting trip.

13-Aug-18
If the bow lost draw weight it indicates cable creep, not the string. If the string creeps longer, the poundage will go up not down.

13-Aug-18
Agreed you are due for a new strain in Messa be an indication there is some degradation hidden by the serving

• Sitka Gear