bighorn 13-Aug-18
Ironbow 14-Aug-18
moon 15-Aug-18
thedude 15-Aug-18
BULELK1 16-Aug-18
BroMan 16-Aug-18
Boris 16-Aug-18
12-Aug-18
There was a thread a while back about a blood clot product. What was it called. Think it would be good to have incase a person accidentally cut himself.

12-Aug-18
Pretty sure you are thinking of Quik Clot or something like it.

12-Aug-18
Yep. Since I’m on thinners, I carry some in my bag of tricks at all times.

12-Aug-18
Look into Quickclot combat gauze.

12-Aug-18
I had to take Lovenox during chemo as I had a few clots floating around in my legs and lungs. Since then (5 years ago) I take a baby aspirin a day to keep the viscosity low. If I get a nick I might spring a small leak but it will stop. I got a couple of nicks while on the thinner and you could definitely tell the thinner works.

12-Aug-18

Rut Nut's Link
I have the large clotting sponge in my first aid kit. Takes up very little room, but could come in handy- especially considering how often we use knives/broadheads. Every Bowhunter should have in his pack if you ask me.

13-Aug-18

3R Shooter's Link
Here is what you are looking for I believe. I keep one in my slimmed down survival pack as it is really small and can save a life by itself. https://www.3riversarchery.com/quikclot-sport-advanced-clotting-sponge-25-grams.html

13-Aug-18
Quick Clot is a common one used by military and law enforcement. It is meant to be jammed into a puncture or very deep cut that pressure won’t stop bleeding. I have carried and would consider carrying a light weight tourniquet as well.

13-Aug-18
Thanks that's what I was looking for.

14-Aug-18
Talked to my paramedic daughter and she has a co-worker that has used the quick clot. Says it works very well.

15-Aug-18
tampons

15-Aug-18
Take a cat tourniquet and quick clot gauze. Idk if they make the powder any more but don’t touch that stuff. Wind can blow it into your eyes and cause permanent damage. Those 2 things have saved a lot of lives since muj got his ied game going early in GWOT. For some reason I remember shellfish allergies being mentioned in regards to quick clot.

16-Aug-18
I like Celox better than Quick clot as the Celox doesn't heat up/burning feeling on wound.

Good luck, Robb

16-Aug-18
Get the 4yd version. Its more expensive but if you really need a hemostatic dressing then those sponges might be too small.

16-Aug-18
In my EMT med bag, I have ABD pads. If I can not get them at the time. I use feminine pads. They are wrapped and ready to go. Also, get some 2" roll gauze.

• Sitka Gear