bighorn 14-Aug-18
Notme 14-Aug-18
Will 15-Aug-18
DMTJAGER 23-Aug-18
carcus 23-Aug-18
spike78 23-Aug-18
midwest 23-Aug-18
13-Aug-18
I bought a few different broadheads to try out on my new bow and for some reason I’m still reviewing others for the hell of it. Since I bought a three pack of each to try I was thinking instead of buying another pack to make it 6 of one I could just keep two different ones in the quiver IF they both flew the same. How many here keep multiple heads in their quiver such as both fixed and mechanical or two different fixed? If so, when do you choose which one to use?

13-Aug-18
I usually have a couple different heads in my quiver, fixed and mechs. I have my "main" bh and the oddball ones are usually for "targets of opportunity": coyote, coons, angry squirrels (they're all angry... all the time) or feral cats (all cats are feral). Usually though, I'm hunting out of a stand. If I'm stalking I'll have all the same heads just to eliminate any confusion if a follow up shot is needed.

13-Aug-18
I always decide what works best and my quiver is full of that head. One less thing to think about in the field. Not saying that’s the right way, but it’s my way.

13-Aug-18
I start the season with Sept bear hunt and will have a spitfire on the end of my arrow followed by 2 spitfires in quiver and usually muzzy or any combination of heads as the season progresses

13-Aug-18
I usually have a variety pack. 2-, 3-, and/or 4-blade models but each will be tuned to the specific arrow.

Sometimes will have different arrows and may have lightweight and heavy weight setups in the quiver.

Many times I have multiple tags in my pocket and am hunting multiple species in the same area. I might have arrow setups from 425 up to 650 grains in the quiver for different species.

13-Aug-18
I have 2 different BH in my quiver. I hunt with Exodus (or Hellrazor) and a mechanical to use on vermin (porcupine-coyote).

13-Aug-18
I hope to get the Iron Will bh I won in the July drawing before season starts... then I’ll have 2 of those and 3 Slick Tricks.

If not, it will be all STs

13-Aug-18
Slick Trick standard and magnum, sometimes Wasp Boss, sometimes Shuttle T, and even an occasional Steelhead...

13-Aug-18
Last year I had Vipertricks and Exodus in my quiver, still deciding for this year as I cant find a good reason to get rid of either.

13-Aug-18
So far my two heads are Tooth of the Arrow XL and Exodus. The TOTA shoot perfect and I will be trying out the Exodus this week. Even toyed with trying the Deadmeat heads. I hate that their is that many heads out there lol.

13-Aug-18
Usually I have all the same, but last year I had all Steelheads and one Hellrazor.

13-Aug-18
I've done it many times. A good fixed head for the first 3 or 4, then a Steelhead, then a judo. Depending what or where I am hunting. If I think coyotes are in the area, I'll often use a once used steelhead or something.

13-Aug-18
All the time! This year Iron Will and Viper Tricks in the quiver for elk, then Rage Trypan for whiteys.

13-Aug-18
I’m shooting german kinetics again this year for elk, but have a 4 blade Magnus stinger for antelope.

13-Aug-18
2 Vortex 2.5 100gr and 3 muzzy MX-3 100gr. Vortex for deer and turkey, muzzys for the hogs

13-Aug-18
Nope, only carry 3 arrows all with the same head a 175 grain VPA 3-blade. Shawn

13-Aug-18
I shoot the VPA 150s in 2 and 3 blade.....both pretty different heads.

They both shoot to the same POA in my recurve and compound when tuned.

I like both in my quiver.

13-Aug-18
I carry five arrows, usually three FMJs with ST Mags, and two Axis with cheap Walmart broadheads (Allen). The last two are for hogs because they usually break my arrows unless I get a pass through. The Allen heads kill just as well as expensive heads, they just don't hold up as well.

13-Aug-18
Wow never thought their would be so many. I have a three arrow quiver so it will be two and one in it.

14-Aug-18
2 exodus and 2 grim reaper fatal steel 1 1/4" cut, if a longer shot in the wind presents itself the fatal steel would be used, they were the toughest small cut diameter I could find, this is my elk and moose quiver, deer and bear have 4 snypers

14-Aug-18
Tooth of the arrow broadheads look a lot like wac-ems?

14-Aug-18
I have the same problem. My current preferred broadhead is the Abowyer Wapiti single bevel head. I also have some Wensel Woodsman broadheads which is my preferred multi-blade head. Just recently found a few of the older Rothhaar snuffers that I would like to try. Have a ton of Zwickey 2-blade deltas that I used to shoot back in the 1980's and 1990's. I need to go to that pig island in Georgia so I can take all of my broadheads out for a test drive!

14-Aug-18
For a compound I have heard of guys that bring fixed and mechanicals with them for deer. The mechanical is used for longer shots. The fixed is used when shooting through grass (because the grass would open a mechanical).

For a recurve I've carried 2 blades (Cutthroat or VPA) and 3 blades (VPA) in the same quiver but not for any real reason. They all fly well and either will get the job done.

14-Aug-18
Just leave the mechanicals out to save more room for the good heads ;^)

14-Aug-18
Tooth of the arrow looks like Wacems? No way, these are solid one piece like a cross between Bishop and a Slick Trick.

14-Aug-18

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Tooth of the arrow looks like Wacems? No way, these are solid one piece like a cross between Bishop and a Slick Trick.

14-Aug-18
Those tooth of ten arrow are nice heads. My friend made short work of his bull with those last year

14-Aug-18
Most hunts I'll have at least two, sometimes three different heads. And sometimes a cat arra.....

Just glanced and I have 3 in the 5 arrow quiver now. Including a mech head I've been carrying for a semi windy day. Started off with three of em a couple years ago, down to one now..... have to start looking for some more at some point.

14-Aug-18
Sometimes up to 5 different heads. G5 striker, vpa, killzone, havoc, wacem. Long as they all hit the same. Plus I like trying new ones.

14-Aug-18
Magnus Blackhornet, and slicktrick standerds, Magnus 1st choice.

14-Aug-18
Slicktrick magnum,zwickey eskimo,judo

15-Aug-18
Some big cut Mech on my first 3, then a slick trick mag on arrow 4 for shoot through mesh if I choose the blind.

23-Aug-18
About 6-8 seasons ago started carrying only 3 arrows. All tipped with 3 blade 100 grain Wasp Boss SST BHs. On a total impulse buy picked up a bunch of older model made in USA 100 grain Rocket Steelhead expandables at a local garage sale. Still not sure why I bought them as I have never even considered using expandable BH's I had such great results with the Wasps . I might carry one this year as I'm in on a new farm that's supposed to have allot of turkeys on it.

23-Aug-18
"Tooth of the arrow looks like Wacems? No way, these are solid one piece like a cross between Bishop and a Slick Trick." I still think the 4 blade wac'ems look similar in design, how are the tooth broadheads to sharpen?

23-Aug-18
Carcus, I haven’t sharpened them as the XLs come plenty sharp out of the box. The regular 1” size were just slightly less sharp then Slick Tricks but these new ones are damn sharp! They now have a sharpener that I may buy later on.

23-Aug-18
I've never laid hands on a Tooth of the Arrow broadhead, but it should be very easy to sharpen. They are not very hard at 45Rc. 11L41 seems like a questionable material for a broadhead....a free machining carbon steel. I would be interested to see how the edge holds up. You'll also want to keep them lubed up well because they're going to rust.

• Sitka Gear