altitude sick 17-Aug-18
altitude sick 17-Aug-18
KHunter 17-Aug-18
kadbow 17-Aug-18
Cazador 17-Aug-18
Billyvanness 17-Aug-18
Aspen Ghost 17-Aug-18
13-Aug-18
Just a heads up the fire has really blown up over there and the divide road is closed in places.

13-Aug-18
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6059/

13-Aug-18
containment sept 15.

13-Aug-18
I’ve spent a lot of time in that area that is burning up. Will be interesting to see how it turns out

13-Aug-18
There's so much more to 61 than where that fire is at

13-Aug-18
Cnelk, True, but the issue really is that it's a big area they have shut down right now and will displace or funnel guys into other areas. Its basically shutdown from Windy Point to Blue Creek. Straigt line, 13 miles of road closed.

13-Aug-18
Better turn in your tags!

14-Aug-18
yeah cnelk I know there is way more country, but the biggest thing is access especially if the divide road gets closed or the burn areas are closed during season

14-Aug-18
Just saw on a couple other forums that 61 is closed can anyone confirm?

14-Aug-18
south end should be ok.

14-Aug-18
Inciweb update this morning mentions no closures, nor does the Bull Draw FB page, I wouldn't think that closures would go by unit boundaries anyway, totally different agency's involved. put me on the list of people to PM before anyone turns in a tag...

15-Aug-18

Serrano's Link
Here is the closure map. Ken

15-Aug-18
Guys should turn in tags for reissue! That fire is terrible. LOL

17-Aug-18
Love all the turn you tags in comments - you locals seem a little but hurt that folks come to your state - get over it - not going to change you are blessed to live there and be able to drive to over the counter zones across the state- That's why its called public - we have the same issue with people coming into our state to hunt ducks in flooded timber - so you have to choices suck it up and hunt or hunt private which is beyond the means of most folks.

17-Aug-18
Yeah I get tired of the posts slamming the NR's. Guess these guys don't hunt out of state...

17-Aug-18
Just saw a 61 rifle LO elk tag on Huntin fool $500

17-Aug-18

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo

17-Aug-18
Sorry that’s a cow tag. But there are some “Reasonable” 61 tags on there.

17-Aug-18
To be clear I was joking...the point was I’d love to pick one of those up on re-issue like me I picked up a great elk tag last year.

As for nonresident hunters I am the nicest guy you’ll ever meet in the Colorado woods when you’re non-resident in my territory and I hunt multiple states most years so “ I get it” that we are all the same and pursuing our passion for hunting.

I’ve been treated like dirt by the locals when I’m a nonresident Hunter but It wouldn’t occur to me to do that to someone else.

17-Aug-18
Where did anybody even mention NRs, let alone slam them?

17-Aug-18
When I first spoke with the DOW they said they woudn't re-issue these tags due to the fire. We shall see.

17-Aug-18
It’s a pretty darn good chunk of good elk hunting on fire. CPW might come around and work with the tag holders

17-Aug-18
Ha ha ha. Sorry Acorn, I'm not a Colorado resident. I was just having fun while waiting for August 25th.

• Sitka Gear