Ermine 17-Aug-18
sticksender 17-Aug-18
BULELK1 17-Aug-18
lineman21 17-Aug-18
Fauntleroy 21-Aug-18
15-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
One of the S12 tags that got returned hit the list today. A friend sent me a screen shot of it on the list, and sure enough a few app users got notifications today about a sheep tag. I called the gal that runs everything. Today was the first day she could legally put it on the list after calling the next 5 people in line and that's how it ended up on the list today mid season. Don't know who got it, but it's exciting none the less...WOOHOO!

15-Aug-18
That’s fun! Gosh I was on there at noon. Wouldn’t have been able to take it but my jaw would have hit the floor

15-Aug-18
Probably was not an IOS user....when does that go online?

15-Aug-18
No iOS has not been approved by Apple. Kinda weirdly to. My developer is saying that he's never had this much trouble getting the Apple app through their process. Google had it approved in under 8 hours while we're going into our 4th week with Apple. I really wish that I could give you more than that, but I promise that the 2 hours a day I spend on the phone with them will not be in vain.

15-Aug-18
Wow. Crazy that it didn't make the list until the season was half over.

15-Aug-18
Dang, wonder who got lucky there!?

I would have quit my job and gone hunting till I either killed a ram or they kicked me off the mountain!

15-Aug-18
Dream tag right there

15-Aug-18
You say "one" of the S12 tags...so there another one coming? Know the person or heard of them being returned?

15-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's Link
elkmo... LOL. I wish I knew what tags were going to get placed! I just meant that one of the few tags got returned and reissued.

For those interested, Apple finally came through tonight. Use the link for iPhone downloads. Gonna be some cool tags go on the list in the next few months.

My deer tag fell through so I've got a few codes on my list with fingers crossed. Wish I would have been searching for that dang S12 tag though!!!!

15-Aug-18
I doubt that's this is true because sheep goats moose they go to the next person in line unless it is a ewe tag and no one put in for it ?

15-Aug-18
Any tag can go on the list if the next five in line turn down the opportunity. CPW won’t keep calling down the whole list til someone wants it, too much time. The 5 probably thought it wasn’t worth giving up all the points for half a season and no scouting.

On a side note if they turned it down, they would have a heads up it may show up on the left over list.

16-Aug-18
Could it go to a Non-Ressy if the Ressy's turn it down?

Thanks

Good luck, Robb

16-Aug-18
Robb - I think it's purely first come, first served when it comes to the leftover list. Never heard otherwise.

16-Aug-18

16-Aug-18
Robb/Vids- It is a first come first serve system to purchase the tag and ANYONE can get it.

I actually almost didn't even include sheep, goat, moose and desert sheep on the app cause I thought everyone would laugh at the idea of one of those tags becoming available on the Leftover List. When my developer and I were talking about it I even said something along the lines of, "Well, a ewe tag ended on the list last year, but i reeeeally highly doubt that will happen again." Long story short we talked ourselves into putting everything on the app and actually ended up sending out 3 notifications yesterday regarding the tag to Android users.

1) I wish I had been searching for the tag and am putting a bunch of weird codes on my watchlist now.

2) I really wish Apple hadn't been such a problem as there was a Board of Director member for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn society that reached out to me who had that tag on his watchlist. He's an iPhone user and we couldn't launch that platform until late last night. Dangit! Would have been sweet to see a little Sheep Karma dispensed through the app.

16-Aug-18
As stated leftover list tags are purely First come First serve (Res and NR) and No points used.

The only catch is you cannot already have a tag issued to you that would preclude you from getting another. (If you already have a type A tag for that species you cannot get another type A tag on the left over list. You would have to turn back your previous tag first)

16-Aug-18
Odd that they would reissue a tag when the season is halfway over

17-Aug-18

17-Aug-18

17-Aug-18
Has anyone been able to get the iPhone version to work?

17-Aug-18
From what I have been told the iPhone option is being modified but the Android Ap is up and running.

Thanks for the input fella's.

Good luck, Robb

17-Aug-18
I signed up for the iPhone version 2 nights ago and haven’t gotten any notifications yet but I don’t think they added any to the list yesterday.

21-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's Link
iOS is up and running. We've got a thread going over in the general forum regarding the app so that we don't derail this thread. Use the link provided to go there. Could always use the feedback.

As far as the CPW double dipping I'm not exactly sure if that's a bad thing. Above and beyond all the money issues there is still a herd management objective that they are trying to reach. I think what gets forgotten in all this is that the CPW is trying to manage the herds and the Biologist said, "I need xx amount of tag holders in the field to harvest xx amount of animals based off past success rates and current herd status". Sure it's insanely cool for us as sportsmen and women to get the opportunity to go on what amounts to a once in a lifetime tag, but the reality is that we're a management tool the CPW uses to meet herd objectives.

We can debate for a month of Sundays whether we think they're doing a good job, but at this point the Biologist felt they needed another tag holder in there. I'm glad that the gal offered the next in line applicants enough time to mull things over. For me it would have been a no brainer and I would have turned the tag down in a heartbeat. I'd hate to burn the points with the season already running. She wouldn't tell me why the tag got returned or if there were extenuating circumstances that allowed the original tag holder to keep their points, but either way it must have been something damn near catastrophic to turn the tag in this late and risk not receiving your points back on something like this. Honestly, can't imagine what it took for them to get to that point of needing to turn it back, as I doubt they would turn it in that late just cause they couldn't find the sheep. No way would the CPW give the points back unless it was extreme and I doubt they'd turn it back without being guaranteed of getting the preference points back. Long way of saying it was a bad deal for the original tag holder I'm sure.

Either way, there's someone up there hunting sheep having spent zero preference points that doesn't have a single concern in the world. Why would they? Basically a free tag, no anxiety that goes along with those type of hunts. Must be nice.

Makes me wonder what other tags might get turned in now. I know of at least one S50 tag holder over on MonsterMuleys thinking about returning his tag because of the fire on the mountain where the sheep live.

• Sitka Gear