Mark Watkins 16-Aug-18
wilbur 16-Aug-18
Franklin 16-Aug-18
Tinner2216 16-Aug-18
Boreal 16-Aug-18
15-Aug-18

BigWoods's embedded Photo
Alright, I have estimates on the bear's weight ranging from 400 lbs up, but is it a Booner? This bear is located in North Central Wisconsin

15-Aug-18

another angle

15-Aug-18
Hopefully you will find out. Good luck!

15-Aug-18

Yeah, I have him coming in during daylight hours now. I just have to keep him interested.

15-Aug-18
Tough to tell but it appears not.. Good luck

15-Aug-18
Good head, butI do not think bear is a Booner. Guestimate- 19"

15-Aug-18
A bear is the last thing I make predictions on based on pictures. On those pics his head is also the closest thing to the camera, which would make it appear larger than life if anything. Looks like a decent boar though. Good luck with your season.

15-Aug-18

Thanks for the input guys. I will measure the diameter of that log when I refresh the bait on Friday. That might help with estimates. It does hold a full five gallons of bait though and has fairly thick walls.

15-Aug-18
I would say NO

15-Aug-18
So hard to guess, maybe, could be 19 or 21"

15-Aug-18

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo
This bears skull measures 20 8/16"s, big bear with a weird long skinny head

15-Aug-18
That might be a fake crease

15-Aug-18
He will make awards but not lifetime I don't think. 20inch

15-Aug-18
He looks big. Would look bigger if he was on top of me growling. :-)

15-Aug-18
In WI, the last three weeks before season everything? changes. That bear may be miles away by then. Natural food changes, hundreds of baits will be started yet, human activity goes through the roof, crops start to be harvested. Don't get too wrapped up in trying to guess something from a picture that even most experienced hunters can't guess when the animal is laying dead in front of them. Nice bear though. Hopefully you do see him.

15-Aug-18
Agree with Skook, Have hunted, help harvest, hundreds of bear. No way to guess until the skull is clean up. My guess is no. But as Skook said hope you can keep him coming in all the way up to season. Wisconsin season can be a demoralizing one. Which zone you in?

15-Aug-18
Who cares....it`s a great bear. Bear heads are mostly meat and some that look huge don`t score and some that don`t do. Length gives you a better chance of increasing the score. You stand a better chance of getting a 1/2" extra out of the 11" measurement than the 7" one. Think %.

15-Aug-18
No

16-Aug-18
Thanks for the awesome input. This is Wisconsin Zone A. Having to wait 7 years for the tag, I am not going to pass a 300 lb bear in hopes that this guys eventually shows up. I have had him on camera the last three weeks; only 2 1/2 weeks to go, so fingers are crossed.

As far a natural food source, this area has little in the way of berries and there isn't a crop field within ten miles. There is a very limited population of oak trees. I do have a back up site located in one of the few oak flats in the area. I will update with a score if we are fortunate enough to kill him.

16-Aug-18
"Who cares....it`s a great bear."

I guess BigWoods cares. That's why he asked.

16-Aug-18
Be positive. >>>>>———->Looks like a solid 21-3/16. No berry crop or acorns or farm crops that could be all bones in them cheeks and no fat. You gotta believe *****

16-Aug-18
I don't think so, but for a 400# Wisco bear to have a head that measures with a B&C qualifying score, and an 800# Joisey bear that does not, seems kinda like a qualification not worth my time personally - not saying it should not be for you though. I'd rather have an 800# bear with a smaller head...(this is just a hypothetical situation).

16-Aug-18
Good Luck on tagging him!

Keep us updated!

Mark

16-Aug-18
Don't get wrapped up in booner gooner. Go hunt and have fun. Take a bunch of pictures and hopefully you can kill his azz.

16-Aug-18
Boreal is one of those guys that actually measures their wiener...lol "Score" is such a meaningless part of hunting.

16-Aug-18
Trail cams on baits can be very deceiving... It's not a booner. After 7 years of waiting just enjoy the hunt!! Good Luck

16-Aug-18
Franklin is one of those guys who tell everyone else what hunting should be to them and talks about mens penises.

• Sitka Gear