Mark Watkins 16-Aug-18
MQQSE 16-Aug-18
BTM 16-Aug-18
RD 16-Aug-18
KHunter 18-Aug-18
Matt 18-Aug-18
Cazador 18-Aug-18
15-Aug-18
Has anyone ever experienced any errant arrow flight after shooting thru the screen on a pop up blind?

15-Aug-18
not with coc broadheads

15-Aug-18
I just can’t bring myself to do it regardless of the bradhead. Just can’t mentally cross that bridge.

—jim

15-Aug-18
But...but....if you shoot through a screen, that means that the animal cannot see you draw, so basically it's the same thing as the anti-crossbow argument.

15-Aug-18
Woods, you're right, that's another reason I hunt out of blinds.

15-Aug-18
COC heads only, Expandables... No Way! No problems out to 40 yards with COC.

15-Aug-18
I built me a partial screen window last year on a hunt in Africa. My arrow hit the top part of the screen when I released and caused an errant shop which led to a missed klipspringer.

I didn't like shooting thru screen prior, but I gave in to building a screen to hide some movement knowing better. I had no one to blame but myself on the missed opportunity. No plans to ever use any type of screen again. I will take my chance on animal seeing movement.

A year earlier a facemask cost me a shot. Don't were them anymore. Will always use camo paste on face.

15-Aug-18
I prefer to belly crawl a few hundred yards through sagebrush and the occasional unseen, but felt, cactus so I can blow the shot.

15-Aug-18
I’ve shot about eight whitetails through mesh in ground blinds, including my two biggest. I use only fixed heads and have had no interference from the mesh. My shots have been 20 yards or less.

15-Aug-18
I’ve shot quite a few Turkeys out of my old T2 through the net and with Rocket Steelheads (Mech) out to 25, no issues what so ever...That being said, it’s always good to practice it when you can...

15-Aug-18
Greg, where you went wrong was that your screen wasn't tightly covering the whole window. Hitting the top (or bottom) of a partial screen would have to have some effect. I haven't tried it, but I've seen where guys use fiberglass window screen material on box type bow blinds and they say it doesn't affect arrow flight. I've shot numerous deer, antelope, and hogs through the nylon netting with no problems. One goat was 47 yards. That was when I could see :-) Even killed some turkeys while deer hunting, but when I'm strictly turkey hunting I use Rocket Hammerheads so I go screenless.......

15-Aug-18
I can`t do it either. The windows on the side have the screen up but my shooting windows have to be down.

15-Aug-18

15-Aug-18
Yes, when I was turkey hunting in Kansas. It caused me to miss a bird at 15yds. I won't do it again.

15-Aug-18
I’ve killed a TON of white tails using shoot through mesh. Never a bad experience...

16-Aug-18
I've shot several turkeys through the mesh of my T2 with Jak Hammer mechs. Back when I was doing that, I used feather fletch and shots were all inside 20. I would get bad arrow flight with vanes. Never shot a fixed blade through mesh.

16-Aug-18
Ive shot Rockets ( the big 3.5" cut or whatever head they had) and Vortex both with zero issues through blind netting.

16-Aug-18
I have shot deer and turkey with fixed 3blade heads out of aT2.Never an issue but at that time I was using feather fletch.

16-Aug-18
I took a beautiful buck in KS last year with fixed blade heads while shooting through the screen. I’m a believer.

16-Aug-18
I remember thinking it was crazy when the screened windows came out so I conducted some tests. No reason not to shoot through it in my experience.

Someone shot a .300 with a muzzle brake through one of mine, the flammability warnings are very real.

16-Aug-18
I'm with JTreeman

Mark

16-Aug-18
If anyone has a doubt, the simple solution is to test the process. It’s the responsible thing to do too.

16-Aug-18
"I prefer to belly crawl a few hundred yards through sagebrush and the occasional unseen, but felt, cactus so I can blow the shot. " LMAO!

16-Aug-18
Shot turkeys and antelope thru screen and never had a problem

18-Aug-18
Does a camper screen deflection count?

18-Aug-18
I have shot Vortex through mesh without issue.

18-Aug-18
I don't like doing it and besides, you're in a blind and you can already get away with murder why risk bad arrow flight.

• Sitka Gear