LUNG$HOT 19-Aug-18
Tonybear61 19-Aug-18
Vonfoust 19-Aug-18
jordanathome 19-Aug-18
Vids 19-Aug-18
Ski & Skin 20-Aug-18
16-Aug-18

jordanathome's Link
I know...stupid title.....but when hunting do you have songs that play in your mind?

Seems that the last dang song on the car radio to play as I turn it off gets stuck on an infinite loop in my head when I head out to hunt. So I tend to be very cautious about what I last hear knowing I'll be stuck with it for hours if not days.

If I think about it I can switch to another song for a bit but the damn thing keeps coming back for the most part....and if it is one of my daughter's favs.....like "Firework" or "Fight Song".....it can damn near ruin a nice time in the woods.

I like to try to switch to some ZZ Top of Cars......

Am I nutz? LOLOLOL!

One week and I head into camp. Bear with me and pardon my random thoughts.

16-Aug-18
I'm there also. I have full on conversations with myself as well.

good luck in camp.

16-Aug-18
Jordanathome I totally understand. When I start an elk hunt I've got Metallica's "Seek and Destroy" pounding in my head. Then if I don't kill something after the hunt I seem to hear Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" on the way home. LOL!

16-Aug-18

wilbur's Link
Neil Young "Tonight's the Night."

16-Aug-18
Happens to me all the time.

16-Aug-18
Not nuts, but you REALLY need to go elk hunting. Is your wife still speaking to you. LOL

16-Aug-18
Yes....usually stuck in there the whole hunt if I'm solo.

16-Aug-18
Same here, music I my head all the time! Conversations with myself way more than I want to admit! my wife laughs at me all the time for talking to myself... I just tell her I am the only one that will listen:)

16-Aug-18
Happens all the time to me too...

16-Aug-18
HAHAHA!!! Yup

I hate when its a Taylor Swift or some other bubblegummy song and it stays in my head like a demon.....

16-Aug-18
I either have music playing in my head or loud ringing in my ears.

16-Aug-18
Hilarious, glad I'm not the only one. Usually some terrible old Shania twain song on a loop, in-between random conversations with myself, and asking mother nature to offer me a chance at that big Miley buck I know has gotta be just over the next ridge.

16-Aug-18
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh no I don’t.

16-Aug-18

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
I get that one from the Christmas claymation "one foot in front of the other" when I'm trudging along.

16-Aug-18
All the time! Ill usually have one or two songs a year that I cant get out of my head while i'm hunting. And its funny because Ill hear a song years later and it will remind me of that year I hunted. Like every time I hear the song "Dragula" it reminds me of driving up to Chillicothe, MO with my dad to hunt.

16-Aug-18
https://youtu.be/9tjdswqGGVg

I hear this song playing when I'm chasing whitetails haha theme song from "Last of the Mohicans

16-Aug-18
Into the great wide open.

16-Aug-18

LUNG$HOT's Link
I like this one by Cody Jinks

16-Aug-18
All the time. Work, exercise, hunting, fishing. Especially when it seems like everything has stopped and time stands still. I have to ask my wife to repeat herself so many times because I am off in my own world talking to myself. I just tell her it’s because I don’t hear well on that side from all the machinery and rifles i’ve Shot through the years. Funny thing is, it always seems to change from side to side!

16-Aug-18
There is a 85+ lady at church that use to sing for rodeos. Sometimes she will sing for us. Every time I'm packing out I got her and one of the old songs helping me up the hill.

16-Aug-18
I sing for 1000 miles on my annual trip to the Rockies (Satellite Radio)

Then, it just keeps going in my head, for the next 2 weeks!

16-Aug-18
Oh yeah, all the time. Right now my current Ear Worm is Greta Van Fleet's "Talk on the Street". When I hike my pace is whatever cadence of the song playing in my head. And its rock and roll so I generally walk pretty fast.. ;-)

16-Aug-18
It's non-stop. I think being a musician makes it worse.

16-Aug-18

SmokedTrout's Link
Yeah, this one. All the time....

16-Aug-18
Matt/Destroyer350......I was born and raised in T-town just up the road from Chilli. Go Bulldogs! LOL

Yup...that one step in front of the other song creeps in on me as well......usually when I'm yelling at myself in my head that this hill ain't gonna hike itself!

16-Aug-18
Lou....my 20 year old son is blown away by Greta Van Fleet.......but I infected him with classic rock from an early age. LOL

16-Aug-18
Small world Jordan! I grew up in Blue Springs but hunted around Hamilton, Chillicothe, Meadville and Brookfield my whole life.

16-Aug-18
It's the soundtrack to life. Constantly playing. I have a crazy amount of music. A good chunk rolls around in my biological hard drive and pops into consciousness depending on external inputs like the cadence of footfalls, woodpeckers, grouse drumming, casual thoughts, etc.

Rock, Blues, Jazz, Classical. It just plays in accompaniment perpetually.

16-Aug-18
Ted Nugent hunt songs to psych myself up when it's hunt time. Other times it's Uriah Heep,Muddy Waters,Pink Anderson,Pink Floyd,GFR, or something else. For some odd reason it's usually a song I can play that runs in my mind's radio.

16-Aug-18
Didn't know anyone remembered Uriah Heep.

"This is a thing I've never known before

It's called easy livin'

This is a place I've never seen before

And I've been forgiven"

16-Aug-18
Colt Ford “Hunting the world”!

16-Aug-18
JTV, "Shake It Off"! LOL, i get songs stuck in my head a lot. Portugal the Man "Feel it still" is one lately!! Shawn

16-Aug-18
Cant stomach Greta van fleet. Every song sounds like they stole it from zeppelin.

But yeah, there is almost always a song playing in my head.

Mostly rock and roll, and metal but Chris LeDoux has a good hunting song. And a bunch of others I like.

16-Aug-18
I always have my phone along to play music and podcasts along the way for solo hunts. Really helps grind out those long hikes or tall climbs!

16-Aug-18

N8tureBoy's Link
It sucks when you get a song stuck in your head that you don't like. There is a name for it. "Ear worm"

16-Aug-18
On my first elk hunt in 1987,after 10 days I was getting down.This flatlander was wore out.The 11 day I am trudging up red mountain one last time.I here a bugle,I set up I get this song in my head, All I need is a Miracle, I think by Mike and the Mechanics.It worked and to this day when I am running out of time its in my head.

16-Aug-18
I play bagpipes. Whatever new tune I'm working on plays in my mind on a continuous loop...lol.

16-Aug-18
Metallica... Sanitarium Motorhead...Ace of spades......RIP Lemmy !

16-Aug-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo

16-Aug-18
Willieboat, a few weeks ago I had Motorhead's "Chase is better than the catch" banging around in there. MTVLive has been airing one of the last concerts before Lemmy died, and I recorded it. Maybe a mistake because I've watched it like 10 times......

16-Aug-18
I play Joe Bonamassa Mountain Time as I head across western NE on I-80 but generally in the woods, I hear the woods at least I try. Working in Lee's Summit, hunting Brookfield (Matt and Jordon)

16-Aug-18
I run through a medley of songs every night in my treestand to help pass the time. Past few years it’s a combo of Triumph and Zac Brown Band. I love when my “concert” gets interrupted!

16-Aug-18
A looooonnnnggg time ago, I worked for the USPS as a letter carrier.

Every once in awhile while we we casing the mail in the mornings, someone would start singing.... “In the jungle... the mighty jungle... the lion sleeps tonight.....”

For carriers that had a walking route, you could just hear them groan :)

17-Aug-18
It's usually Eisbrecher or Rammstein for me. Have a weak spot for German metal.

17-Aug-18
You're not alone. The worst case I recall was a pre-dawn last tune of "candle in the wind" by Elton John about Marilyn Monroe just I packed in for an all day sit in Mississippi swamp. Torture. This was before I discovered Pandora.

17-Aug-18
Wild game mind control....Ok.....you ARE nutz. LOL!!!

17-Aug-18
Its gotta be rock n roll

17-Aug-18
I never get music in my head but almost every time I sit down to listen, I hear what sounds like footsteps in the grass. I look around and nothing is there but I keep on hearing something walking up on me. Maybe it is just the blood rushing through my clogged up arteries.

Then again I never listen to music on the way out hunting, I am warming up my reed and practicing calling.

17-Aug-18

LaGriz's embedded Photo
Mackie Creek
LaGriz's embedded Photo
Mackie Creek
Wyoming 2006,

I was packing out a bull my hunting buddy shot and I kept hearing a "Dire Straights" tune that I modified. "I want my....I want my.....I want my ATV" The loads were bone in hind quarters from a Wyoming 6X5, and the trail though short, was kind of steep. Fortunately, he had included his son on this trip who came along for assistance and to spend time with his dad. I only had make one load as the pair knocked out the remaining loads in the AM. Good times for sure! LaGriz

17-Aug-18
Sometimes find myself humming the Door's Roadhouse blues.....however I'm singing,Woke up this morning and I shot myself a deer! Should be Bowsite's official song,lol

17-Aug-18
doors....Alabama Song (whiskey bar)

17-Aug-18
Midwest> I am a huge Heep fan since their first album. Taught myself,by ear, to play Gypsy. Taught myself how to fingerpick by playing The Wizard. Learned Sunrise,Easy Livin',Circle of Hands,and Rain on piano and organ. Even bought a synthesizer just to play Sweet Lorraine.

17-Aug-18
When my kids were real young, I would get those darn Disney and Cartoon theme songs stuck in my head. It was brutal. LOL. Glad to know I was/am not crazy!

17-Aug-18
Wonder Pets! What's gonna work? Teamwork! Please kill me now........

17-Aug-18
Exactly!

17-Aug-18
I mentioned earlier that I play pipes & roll tunes through my mind...but in addition to that I do love the Dropkick Murpys. Their music will get you going in the morning, boy-o! Lol.

17-Aug-18
Mary Poppins always did me in.....

Well, right up until I saw Victor Victoria..... never saw Mary quite the same again.....

17-Aug-18
Constant, always singing in my head while on stand.

18-Aug-18
one year it was tim McGraw's "live like you were dying" I heard it a thousand times on the way to Kansas n back. But then again elk hunting is living like you're dying. Bring it on 16 hrs of country radio

18-Aug-18
"Bring it on 16 hrs of country radio"

#embracethesuck

lol

18-Aug-18
Generally when I’m solo. Luckily it’s a two song radio most times.

19-Aug-18
A couple years ago while at spike camp, I blew out the crotch of my pants. I instantly thought I need to stitch that up. Rewind 2 weeks and my young nieces were visiting. They kept singing that Shawn Mendez song Stitches. When my pants ripped, that song instantly embedded itself and stayed for 3 days straight!

19-Aug-18
I have 2 teen daughters... I feel your pain J^^^

19-Aug-18
Sounds like tinnitus, or an ear worm.. actually something that isn't unheard of with folks who have Lyme's. Can be triggered by high or low frequency noises (AC system, leaking air hose) or a train. Mostly annoying but doesn't mean you have a really big health issue unless its relentless.

Some folks also make reference to the Thunder drums which are just your ear drum vibrating due to your pulsing heart. Can be heard when in a quiet area and excited (like when game comes into view)....I like to hear my thunder drums every fall.

19-Aug-18
Not in the elk woods but I've been singing 'easy Livin' for 3 days now and I haven't even heard it. Thanks Midwest! I get some that will roll around in there for weeks.

19-Aug-18
Today we started with some steely dan.....what I listened to once my xm signal dropped out......then ended up with RUSH........nice......

19-Aug-18
Re: The two posts about hearing footsteps in the grass and Thunder Drums. Sometimes when I'm real tired and lay down for a nap I hear faint noises like footsteps or bugles, more so when I'm really tired after a few days. No idea if it's real or in my head.

About three years ago I was watching some woods on a sage brush knoll all morning. At 11:00 I laid back because I couldn't stay awake any longer. After a minute or two I heard faint hooves - da da dump, da da dump. Sat up, told myself I was hearing things. Laid back down - it got louder, and louder.......I finally knew it was real so I rolled over, grabbed my rifle and got up on one knee. A 5x5 bull skidded to a stop 10 yards away, he would have run right over me if I hadn't moved. I'm not sure who soiled their shorts first. No, I didn't get him....

I've also come home from elk hunts and still heard faint bugles the first night falling asleep in my bed.

20-Aug-18
Lolllllll

Yes songs or faint bugles off a great distance. Maybe 5,10,20 miles away!! Especially when it's kinda slow!!!

• Sitka Gear