bb 13-Jan-19
Turkeyhunter 14-Jan-19
Keco 16-Jan-19
bb 16-Jan-19
PAstringking 17-Jan-19
Trial153 18-Jan-19
Keco 30-Jan-19
17-Aug-18
I booked with victoria outfitters one year ago. I will be there on 25th to 3rd sept. for bowseason. Moose and bear! Any last minute advice???

17-Aug-18
HAVE FUN MAN!!!!!!!!

17-Aug-18
Pick a spot...shoot straight... and safe travels! Good luck!!

17-Aug-18

17-Aug-18
Thanks guys!!!!

17-Aug-18
My guide called in 3 moose in two days during a Early archery season and I got my bull 9/2. Good luck C

17-Aug-18
Good luck

17-Aug-18
dont pass up any stalk ...

17-Aug-18
Take good rain gear!

—jim

17-Aug-18
Take a gps even with a guide. Had to spend a night outside when guide got confused. Mark camp on gps.

17-Aug-18
Cool, good luck on your hunt! Don't shoot the white moose that was just spotted there. You wouldn't be ready for that $hitstorm!

17-Aug-18
pray for cooler than normal temps

17-Aug-18
Be safe and enjoy every minute of the home whether it goes how you've been picturing or not. It's a special trip and the harvest is icing on the cake. Good luck!

17-Aug-18
Frost in Labrador Wednesday night.....scouting reports theres lots water and lots moose as well. Good Luck

17-Aug-18
Take lots of pics and buy a go pro if you don’t have one

18-Aug-18
Thanks guys!!!!

18-Aug-18

Keco's embedded Photo
Keco's embedded Photo
Looks like good moose weather!

20-Aug-18
I've hunted there three times. I*'m envious!

You WILL see and get shot opps on both moose and bear. Be prepared for wet weather and bog walking.

13-Jan-19
I forgot to write about my trip..... Im gonna write a full review about the hunting, but we had a 100% non-success moose and bear hunting. We didn´t see any bull, only two young and some cows. Same results with bears, never have the chance on baits. I shot one in a stalking but never found, bad shot on the leg. The weather was warm and dry, no rut on those days.

I will try in 2020, probably on october during the rut with a different outfitter.

13-Jan-19
Newfoundland moose tend to eat themselves out of house and home and move to better feed. Talked to a friend up there last week. He and his fellow villagers had a tough time but got their moose. He hunted for 3 weeks. Around our place up on the Great Northern Pen last summer, moose were not there, but the summer before, I ran into them every time I went fishing.

13-Jan-19
Keco was your problem (A) the area hunted, (B) the outfitter, (C) the weather (D) all of the above (E) some other issue ? You can mark more than one answer.

13-Jan-19
If I was inclined to hunt the rut in NL...I would plan for the last week of September

14-Jan-19
Last week September and first week of October....remember this year the season opens a week later with the change in calender year where the 2nd saturday in September falls on the 14th.....I was told yesterday that that moose took a hammering in December with all the snow....local hunters used Skidoo's to get into the moose yards and killed alot moose off. TH

16-Jan-19
Buffallo1, i would say a mix of factors: a) I´ve never been there befores so I dont know if is or not a good place. Anyway I didn´t see any bull. B)The outfitter tried to do well with the moose. The bear hunting was a disaster, bad baited, non-prepared stands.... Also I would have expected a more positive response from him after a hunting failure like this. Something like a "special offer", we were 3 hunters and noone hunted the moose or bear. Looks like he doesn´t want to admit his part of responsability.

c) weather was warm and dry which is not good for moose, but is not a excuse for bear...

16-Jan-19
I have heard similar reports on the bear hunting.

17-Jan-19
Was it a drive up lodge? or did you access by float plane or heli?

18-Jan-19
Newfoundland bear hunting really seems hit or miss. I haven't heard of anyplace that is real slam dunk on the island for bear. might pay to not drive by New Brunswick

30-Jan-19
Drive Up Lodge

• Sitka Gear