PeteO 21-Aug-18
Hunts_with_stick 22-Aug-18
Boris 22-Aug-18
Waterfowler 22-Aug-18
EIStone 22-Aug-18
Mitch 22-Aug-18
Boris 22-Aug-18
20-Aug-18
Any here draw? Mine still shows pending....

20-Aug-18
There is fb post from the group that put on the elk festival last weekend, it lists the winners.

20-Aug-18
zippo for me. I'll probably be 90 when I draw a bull tag. LOL

20-Aug-18

20-Aug-18
anybody know who one the raffle? I wonder how much that tag brought in.

20-Aug-18
15 points going in this year and "unsuccessful" again.

20-Aug-18
Wow that's a lot of pts and not many out of state drawn. better luck next year.

20-Aug-18
Nada here.

21-Aug-18
My 12 year old daughter drew a cow tag in her first year applying. I'm still in disbelief, she is incredibly excited. This is also the year my 14 year old son is going with me to Montana for his first elk hunt. SO I have archery in Montana 9/6-9/19, back in gun season with my son for the opener, then PA with my daughter in November. This is going to be quite the season. If anyone has any pointers for PA I am open to listening. She drew Zone 12, I have been doing some reviews of maps and resources and plan to do some scouting Labor Day weekend. Luckily Zone 12 is only about an hour from our camp in PA. I was fully committed to not using a guide as I hope I would be able to get her on a cow with a gun but I also don't want to burn this tag. The only question I have in my mind is what happens to the elk once the first bullets fly on opening day. Do they all hole up on private?

21-Aug-18
Nothing for me again this year. Some day...some day

21-Aug-18
Congrats to your daughter Jared! I wasn't successful in drawing a tag this year...I work with a guy that guides and can also get your elk out with his team of horses. He can fully guide and get downed animal out or just retrieve it. LMK if you want his contact info.

21-Aug-18
If anyone has any pointers for PA I am open to listening. Yeah watch out for snakes.

No other pointers but good luck to her. I didn't draw again but I know if my daughter draws when she turns 12 she will be pumped.

21-Aug-18
I can’t believe it! I had to read it 3 times to believe it was true! No elk tag again. Lol

21-Aug-18
I didn’t feel like getting bit by a timber rattler anyway.

21-Aug-18
Congrats Jared! Now go out and get some snake chaps or boots for you and your daughter! Timber Rattler venom is NASTY stuff- don’t ask me how I know! ;-)

21-Aug-18
Thanks for the advice on the snakes guys. I followed your threads Perry and it definitely has been burned into my memory. We actually have quite a few at our camp in Clinton county too and she was fortunate last summer when she stepped over one that never buzzed but also didn't strike. We will all keep that in mind scouting, hopefully by the November season we won't need to worry about them.

Matt- If you care to share the info you have on a guide I will definitely keep it handy, shoot me a PM. I'm fairly certain I should be able to get a cow out of anywhere but it's always good to have backup.

21-Aug-18
Someone from NY won the raffle tag on Sunday

No tag for me, shocked!

Bill v

21-Aug-18
Jared- glad to hear your daughter was fortunate! Be vigilant while scouting AND hunting!

21-Aug-18
I think the KECA tag raised $180,650.

Jared - sent you a pm.

21-Aug-18
Wow thanks for the info Mitch. That's a lot of money for the raffle! Good luck Jared looking forward to reading about your daughters hunt.

22-Aug-18
15 points here and no draw. I will be too old to hunt when I do get drawn!

22-Aug-18
When my daughter lived in Arizona, I would go an visit in the summer. She would take me to sports shops and archery shops. They would complain about not getting their elk tags. They would tell me that they have 3-4 points. Next year. I would tell them to look at Pa. elk tags. I told them with 15-20 points, you still don't have a chance. When you have 20,000-25,000 apps. for 50-60 tags. They governors tag for 2015 and for 2016 went for 175,000 and 225,000. The guy that got them owns Gallo Wines. He also took a 435 and a 445 bulls with bow.

22-Aug-18
Boris, where are you getting that info for the Pa Gov tag? Last tag sold for 85 k. That was a few years ago , dont think there was a tag available since then. Unless you are talking about Az tags.

22-Aug-18
No Pa. elk tag foe me either,but I only have 12 points. Hopefully get a bull in Montana !

22-Aug-18
The 2018 Gov tag brought $105,000. Last two years it sold for $85,000.

22-Aug-18
Sorry guys, the tags are for Arizona.

• Sitka Gear