APauls 21-Aug-18
Lever action 21-Aug-18
Surfbow 21-Aug-18
oilcan 22-Aug-18
Boris 22-Aug-18
nowheels 23-Aug-18
Beav 23-Aug-18
20-Aug-18
I think I still have around 60-70 pounds from my bull from last year. I feel I have a good chance at another elk this year and who knows with my son's elk hunts...he may find a dumb one to stand still long enough to get a shot one of these days.

I think I may need another freezer if we get another elk this year. Not a lot of room in the current freezer for another whole elk.

How about you? How much meat do you have from last year; elk, deer, antelope, bear, etc? How many freezers do you have on hand for game?

20-Aug-18
Elk meat usually doesn’t last me longer than 9 months. A beef maybe 18-24 months. We go through a lot of meat.

20-Aug-18
Not enough! I need to get one this season.

20-Aug-18
Probably have 1/2 elk each from two I shot in 2013. Still have a whole elk from last year! 1/4 beef and 1/2 of a pig. We eat a lot of meat but break it up between animals and my kiddos are little so they don’t eat much. Still have a little bit of Oryx left as well.

20-Aug-18
I probably have 50 lb left between an elk and a whitetail I got last year. Family hasn't eaten as much of it this year (partly my fault, not cooking steaks as much for whatever reason).

20-Aug-18
last year, to this July, we were given 3 boned out deer, a quarter of black bear, and 2 quarters of elk. It is all gone.... that's just me and the wife.......... we eat no domesticated meat, at least I don't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20-Aug-18
I have about 10 packs of burger and 2 roast left . It’s time for a refill on elk meat.

20-Aug-18
Lol groundhunter.

I’ve got 20 pounds or so left from last years bull.

20-Aug-18
I still have some from last year’s one elk, 3 pronghorn, one WT and still a few packages of moose from 2016.

Along with walleye, lake trout and wild hog.

20-Aug-18
Elk Tag soup last Year, the seemingly endless Idaho snowstorm got us. Down to about 15 pounds of ground elk from my 2016 bull, and just a couple of steaks (my Wife hides and covets loin chops).

I've got some wild pork and venison that's keeping us going until I leave September 7th. Filling the freezer will be priority this Season!

20-Aug-18
Oh probably 15 packages of burger. Need to get some steaks.

20-Aug-18
A big ole goose egg in my freezer! Need an elk and a couple deer this year! Freezer goes empty fast with a family of 9!

20-Aug-18
A bunch! Had a scary close call with the freezer about two weeks ago. Glad it was only a few packs of burger that needed to go just in case. Freezer Door got left open a crack. Doh!

20-Aug-18
I just cooked the last pack of steak out of 5 deer from last year. I have two roast left and no ground. I thought I was out of steaks a ways back but found two packs of back strap steaks last week in the freezer attached to the fridge. Yippee. I had back strap, a fresh sliced tomato out of the garden, and two eggs for supper tonight. Life don't get much better fellas. It is just me and the wife now. We can't get enough wild game because we eat zero Gluten, soy, or msg's. It doesn't take long to go through it if you eat clean.

20-Aug-18
Still doing OK with my whitetail stock and fish.

Getting a little harsh with my judgement as far as sharing any elk meals...in spite of having had my buddy set me up with better than a quarter of his bull. I may be becoming a serious elk Scrooge.

20-Aug-18
I have been out for almost 2 months on elk meat. There is half my deer left in the freezer. I think there still might be a package or two of walleye fillets in the freezer from a late ice fishing trip.

20-Aug-18
Not Enough, But some... Buffalo burger and steaks, a wonderful gift from a friend, a little elk, and no deer. :/ Hope to change that soon! 4 days and counting....

20-Aug-18
unfortunately I have not harvested an elk in 3 years, damn close but no cigar. fortunately we raise a couple hogs every year, do meat chickens every 6 months, have a rancher we trade or buy beef from, tons of fish from lake powell, a couple of wild turkeys, and friends that donate us some elk meat so I am pretty stocked up. Actually need to sell a half a hog still to make some room for elk meat this year. I have three decent tags that I should atleast go 2-3.

20-Aug-18
I have a question....we had a discussion about "possession limits on fish". A Warden told a fisherman he must consume the fish he had caught before he can "possess" anymore. I said nobody I know of does that....everyone has fish or meat left and they still hunt and fish. What is your take on this.

20-Aug-18
Lark, sent you a PM. We just upgraded to an upright and we’re off loading our trusty chest freezer if you’re considering more space. In Longmont.

20-Aug-18
Franklin,

your possession limit and daily limit will depend on the state you live in.

Mn has a pretty tight possession limit. For inland waters on Walleyes and Sauger your allowed 6 combined with one over 20”. So once you have your 6 (whether they are in your boat or a freezer) you can not keep another walleye or Sauger till your under 6 in your possession. Mn has different regulations for border waters as well.

21-Aug-18
The same amount I had last year, none!

21-Aug-18
1 roast and 1 pack of steaks, my family likes elk, and I think my oldest daughter made off with some steaks to her home.

21-Aug-18
Found a couple more packages of Elk Round Steaks at my Son's apartment that he lifted from our House...he said he's been too busy to cook, so they went home with us!

21-Aug-18
10+ roasts, 25+ packs of steak, 50+ lbs of ground, 50+ lbs of sausage. I harvested 2 elk and 2 deer last year so we were well stocked.

21-Aug-18
My burger and sausage goes really fast! I always tell myself to do way more of it than I do, and it still disappears.

21-Aug-18
We have a couple packages of salami, maybe 5 pounds of burger, and exactly two steaks left from last year. Hopefully we can refill the larder in a few weeks because the rest will be gone by then. Otherwise we'll have to eat deer until next year, the horror! Ha!

21-Aug-18
Elk 50-60, mtn goat 20-30, lope 10-15, salmon 70-80, rock fish 20, halibut 15. Lope this year 60+

21-Aug-18
Down to turkey and sturgeon.

Completely skunked on venison last year.

21-Aug-18
1 ea 1# pack of burger, a few roasts, a few packs of steaks.

21-Aug-18
Elk 50-60, mtn goat 20-30, lope 10-15, salmon 70-80, rock fish 20, halibut 15. Lope this year 60+

21-Aug-18
My backstrap from the 3 whitetails I killed last year have been gone for quite awhile. We still have a bit of ground meat left.

21-Aug-18
Could prob go almost another year if I didn’t give much away. I generally kill way more than our family can eat (just my wife and I and 4 year old) so we generally do a lot of sharing. Heck just our moose trip last year was a bull and a half a caribou, then add on deer, geese, fish, rabbits....

I finally ground enough though. Used to run out of that all the time. I start getting nervous when the chest freezer gets about half empty. Like to stay well stocked.

21-Aug-18
maybe 30# of pork and that is it

21-Aug-18
I have about 10# of various deer cuts, one antelope roast, and two antelope hearts left, we've been trying to scarf what's left lately so i can hunt on an "empty stomach"...

22-Aug-18
very little Hunting season can't get here soon enough

22-Aug-18
They tried the possession limit in Pa. It was laughed out of Harrisburg. An the PGC was laughed at.

23-Aug-18
No elk in my freezer. I actually took inventory on deer 2 days ago and I am down to 2 packs of steak, 1 pack of tenderloin that somehow got covered up or would have been gone months ago, 1 roast and 2 packs of ground.

Bow season starts here 2 weeks from Saturday. The venison will be gone by then, so I'll have to survive on turkey, catfish and salmon filets until I can put another deer in the freezer- hopefully by mid September.

23-Aug-18
We killed 8 deer an antelope and 2 bears. We have none left unless you count a couple of Spring turkeys. We need to get some fresh meat!

• Sitka Gear