International
Contributors to this thread:
Tilzbow 20-Aug-18
Ken Moody Safaris 20-Aug-18
Tilzbow 21-Aug-18
Eric Vaillancourt 21-Aug-18
Tilzbow 31-Aug-18
20-Aug-18
Heading to Africa next year and I’ve got an opportunity to go through London for a great rate for business class on British Air. I flew this route in 2006 without issue. Does anyone know of any weapons or broadhead related restrictions in England like those in parts of Europe?

20-Aug-18
If you’re traveling with firearms you’ll have major problems.

21-Aug-18
No firearms, just a compound bow, a longbow and arrows and broadheads.

21-Aug-18
No issues at all as long as you are just transferring at the airport.

I would suggest booking a sleep pod at No. 1 lounge. You pay by the hour and it includes food, drinks, internet, and lounge access. It is like a small hotel room. I believe it is about £20 per hour. I suspect you will have a long layover. I did that route in July and did not have any issues.

30-Aug-18
As a side note...had a 10 hour layover in route to Cape Town a couple years ago so we took the express train downtown and had a blast. What a neat place...would love to go back with more time.

31-Aug-18
I booked the flights. Only 4.5 hours layover in London, 30 hours total travel time (5 hours longer than Delta from where I live). Got Business Class with a flat bed and it was only $800 more than Premium Economy on Delta. At 6’6” that Business Class is almost mandatory....

• Sitka Gear