Tao 23-Aug-18
rattling_junkie 24-Aug-18
Tao 26-Aug-18
Tao 26-Aug-18
Bigmossy 27-Aug-18
Tao 27-Aug-18
Tao 04-Sep-18
23-Aug-18
When do you start doing your prep work for the moose hunt? I will be going out to do my chain saw work maintaining and modifying 16 different set-ups the first weekend in September

23-Aug-18
No prep work my group. It’s not cost effective, plus lots of area to call bulls into. I’m guessing the area you hunt is extremely thick.

23-Aug-18
Sounds like you put a lot of effort into your moose hunting....good luck and stay safe in your travels in moose country!! I will be prepping for whitetails first week of Sept. wmu # 8

23-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Trail work to and from boat and hunting area
Tao's embedded Photo
Trail work to and from boat and hunting area

24-Aug-18
Hide the boat best you can and call away from it if possible. Some bulls will spook when they see the boat.

26-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo
On average the boat is hidden 80 -200 yards away from where we hunt. A 5-15 minutes walk.

26-Aug-18
A place to hide the boat is very important

27-Aug-18
Tao, I assume you consider an electric trolling motor a “must have” item? I’m doing a fly-in archery hunt in NW Ontario, and weight is a consideration.

27-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo
A electric trolling motor helps so that you don't break sweat and it is quieter than paddling. I mount it on bow and sit right on the bow which then lifts the back of the boat up out of the water. I make arrangements to have a battery and solar charge flown in ahead of the hunt. Motor doesn't weigh much.

04-Sep-18

Tao's embedded Photo
I just got back from doing my prep work. ..I now have 20 different set-up. ....2 more than last year.....all set for 3 weeks of guiding bowhunters
Tao's embedded Photo
I just got back from doing my prep work. ..I now have 20 different set-up. ....2 more than last year.....all set for 3 weeks of guiding bowhunters
Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear