rodb 24-Aug-18
rattling_junkie 24-Aug-18
Tao 26-Aug-18
Tao 26-Aug-18
Bigmossy 27-Aug-18
Tao 27-Aug-18
Tao 04-Sep-18
23-Aug-18
When do you start doing your prep work for the moose hunt? I will be going out to do my chain saw work maintaining and modifying 16 different set-ups the first weekend in September

23-Aug-18
No prep work my group. It’s not cost effective, plus lots of area to call bulls into. I’m guessing the area you hunt is extremely thick.

23-Aug-18
Sounds like you put a lot of effort into your moose hunting....good luck and stay safe in your travels in moose country!! I will be prepping for whitetails first week of Sept. wmu # 8

23-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Trail work to and from boat and hunting area
Tao's embedded Photo
Trail work to and from boat and hunting area

24-Aug-18
Tao,

i know you have said in the past that you use an electric trolling motor to go the last few hundred yards to the shore. Do you set up by the boat or do you walk a few yards and set up away from the boat?

24-Aug-18
Hide the boat best you can and call away from it if possible. Some bulls will spook when they see the boat.

26-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo
On average the boat is hidden 80 -200 yards away from where we hunt. A 5-15 minutes walk.

26-Aug-18
A place to hide the boat is very important

27-Aug-18
Tao, I assume you consider an electric trolling motor a “must have” item? I’m doing a fly-in archery hunt in NW Ontario, and weight is a consideration.

27-Aug-18

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo
A electric trolling motor helps so that you don't break sweat and it is quieter than paddling. I mount it on bow and sit right on the bow which then lifts the back of the boat up out of the water. I make arrangements to have a battery and solar charge flown in ahead of the hunt. Motor doesn't weigh much.

04-Sep-18

Tao's embedded Photo
I just got back from doing my prep work. ..I now have 20 different set-up. ....2 more than last year.....all set for 3 weeks of guiding bowhunters
Tao's embedded Photo
I just got back from doing my prep work. ..I now have 20 different set-up. ....2 more than last year.....all set for 3 weeks of guiding bowhunters
Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear