Slippery Paw 24-Aug-18
Nick Muche 24-Aug-18
stick n string 24-Aug-18
Huntcell 24-Aug-18
Rut Nut 24-Aug-18
dirtclod Az. 24-Aug-18
BuzAL 24-Aug-18
23-Aug-18
This morning, early, I was on my way someplace and drove by one of the places I hunt. On the spur of the moment, I decided to stop and take a walk. Since it was not planned, I had no camera. Now the mystery. I am pretty sure, I can identify deer, squirrel, turkey and probably hog sign when they are rootin or scratching in leaves. I found three places where something had been pushing leaves aside to get at something and it did not look like anything I have seen before. To my knowledge and according to the landowner, no one has ever seen a hog, anywhere close to this area. I did not have my camera, so no picture and I could not tell what they were after-maybe small mushrooms but I kinda doubt it. Any ideas?

23-Aug-18
Armadillo …. would be my guess they can root around in leaves, grass, etc pushing everything around like a pig would looking for grubs, worms, mushrooms, etc...

23-Aug-18
I don't know but the truth is out there.

23-Aug-18
IF there were black cherry trees around, it was likely a bear if the cherry hit thick. They are starting to key on them here

23-Aug-18
Armadillo. I’ve seen them tear the heck out of stuff to the point you wonder if it were hogs.

23-Aug-18
The thought of armadillo did occur to me. We are just now, starting to see them in this area and I suspect, that is the answer. No bears here.

23-Aug-18
Skunk?

24-Aug-18
Squatch...call BoBo : )

24-Aug-18
Mystery for sure, please let us know soon as you figure this out. Thx!

24-Aug-18
Definitely a Tery. A single female one

24-Aug-18
You blacked out, fell to the ground and trashed about. Finally came to and viola what is this distrubance. Hmmmm perhaps should get that looked at.........

24-Aug-18
Seizure???

24-Aug-18
Gensing probably.Maybe Chupacabra making a wallow.

24-Aug-18
The 'dillers crossed the TN River in north AL about ten-15 years ago.

You'll find that those things sound JUST like a deer coming your way about dusk, until you finally realize that all those many steps you've been hearing woulda had the "deer" already past you.

Also, now many of the heavy "deer trails" you find and follow will end at a dirt hole.

• Sitka Gear