Dagwood_55 23-Aug-18
Bill Obeid 23-Aug-18
APauls 23-Aug-18
Dagwood_55 24-Aug-18
Mark Watkins 27-Aug-18
dakotaduner 27-Aug-18
dakotaduner 27-Aug-18
23-Aug-18
Thinking of ordering the Kuiu Super Down Pants. But I have concern about them being quite enough for hunting whitetail from a treestand.

Anyone own these and what do you think??

23-Aug-18
They'll be noisy. No way around it. They are great pants but they are not meant to be used in a whitetail treestand situation.

23-Aug-18
They aren't quiet enough for an outer layer. If you put some bibs or something on over them they would be all right.

Also dont try walking in the whitetail woods with them. Briars would shred them.

I think the intent was a light, packable insulation layer to carry on mountain hunts. Put on while glassing etc.

They are warm and lightweight though. I like em for elk hunts.

23-Aug-18
Not outerwear in close quarter situations.

23-Aug-18
I have worn them deer hunting in PA underneath my Microtex pants and there was no noise.

23-Aug-18
If you can find a pair of the Kenai insulated pants they are quieter.

23-Aug-18
Love the Super Down zip-offs for backpack Mt hunting. Great for after the hunt warmth around the pack tent, to add a 10 or 15* to your sleeping bag rating and for potential emergency use in your pack when out hunting. I usually don't hunt in them...the exception was February in the Arctic where I never took them off, but they weren't the outer layer. That said, I think you could use them as an outer layer in treestand as long as you put them on in the stand...which is easy to do since they are zip-offs...or on and sit still up there. The shell is a thin soft smooth "nylon" type fabric typical of down clothes.

23-Aug-18
I found some unused military surplus primaloft pants last year on line for $35. I can wear them under my regular pants and stay warm at a much cheaper price.

23-Aug-18
I have a Kenai jacket and I'm able to wear it in a treestand. Just hoping the down pants were made of the same outer layer.

23-Aug-18
I’ve tried my pair whitetail hunting from a tree stand and they are fine to use. These pants are a lightweight under garment not meant to be worn as an outer layer.

Your outer fleece will deaden any sound. I like them because I can wear them in the morning and drop my bibs to my ankles and take them off for the warmer part of the day.

I really love them for mountain hunting and Alaska hunting but I did find an extra use for them in a tree stand. Picker bushes will rip them so , if nature calls , do not leave the tree with these pants as an outer layer.

23-Aug-18
I wear my super down jacket under a hunting jacket and it works. Would work under other pants but I’d prob choose something else if even half the use is from a tree stand.

24-Aug-18
So, for you guys that have these. Do you think they will fit under Sitka Fanitic Lite Bibs?

I would think that would quite them down plenty and I should be warm no matter what....

27-Aug-18
Pastel X 10

Mark

27-Aug-18
Dagwood I wear mine under my bibs just fine. During cold North Dakota late season just fine. As with anything when you sit down it compresses the loft in the knees and you loose warmth there. Love mine when it’s good and cold.

27-Aug-18
Dagwood I wear mine under my bibs just fine. During cold North Dakota late season just fine. As with anything when you sit down it compresses the loft in the knees and you loose warmth there. Love mine when it’s good and cold.

• Sitka Gear