Bou'bound 23-Aug-18
Panther Bone 23-Aug-18
Kurt 23-Aug-18
Surfbow 23-Aug-18
Buffalo1 24-Aug-18
Brotsky 24-Aug-18
Matt 24-Aug-18
23-Aug-18
Thinking about getting a Kuiu 0 degree sleeping bag.

Anybody got one? How small will it pack down?

23-Aug-18
It will definitely reduce the size and weight of your billfold !

23-Aug-18
Far better values out there and I love kuiu stuff

23-Aug-18
What other options for a lightweight 0 degree bag do you all recommend?

23-Aug-18
Not a 0*, but I have a +15*F KUIU Superdown bag that the folks at work gave me when I retired. I like it a whole bunch, and if it turns really cold I wear my Super Down hooked jacket and zip-off bottoms in the bag....or less if it is warmer out. Decent bag, but tight in the chest area if you are claustrophobic. Packs very small. Obviously the 0* is heavier, warmer and goes in a larger stuff sack. I'd find it too warm for 98% of what I do, given the quality of the Thermarest and Exped sleeping pads today.

23-Aug-18
I don't have the 0 deg bag, but I do have the Kuiu 15 deg bag and it's a good bag. If the temps go south I have a light down quilt I tuck inside it, and I can comfortably sleep in single digit weather. I felt the 0 would be far too hot for most situations I'm in.

24-Aug-18
I’ve got a North Face “Cat’s Meow” 15 degree bag that has withstood the test of marketing time and is still one of NF’s best sellers.

I caught it on sale at Cabelas. Been well pleased with its warmth, weight and compression size. Just an idea.

24-Aug-18
I would look at a Western Moutaineering Kodiak or a Feathered Friends Snowbunting if you are looking for a 0 degree bag. A little cheaper and both are proven performers.

24-Aug-18
If WM is cost competitive w Kuiu, I would go WM in a heartbeat.

• Sitka Gear