nmwapiti 24-Aug-18
stick n string 24-Aug-18
splitlimb13 24-Aug-18
jdee 24-Aug-18
Darrell 27-Aug-18
Thunder Head 27-Aug-18
Lark Bunting 27-Aug-18
24-Aug-18
Anyone else having a difficult time staying on task at work when the 10 day weather forecast covers the first couple days of your hunt?

All I can say is its a good thing I have lots of appointments next week because I can stay on task when I'm with people but down time sends me here and other places to see if there might be a new nugget, picture, video, anything to keep me in elk mode.

24-Aug-18
I'm heading to the hills Monday to pack in with a couple days of scouting! Don't have any recent pics...

24-Aug-18
I cant friggin wait and im not even elk hunting. Counting on some nightly updates from someone......

24-Aug-18
Leaving on the 30th! I'm already mentally and physically checked out of work! Haha hard to be productive this time of year!

24-Aug-18
Bulls are starting to talk here in southern NM. Been hearing bugles for a few days now.

27-Aug-18
OK, now I'm down to 6 nights in my own bed, about a dozen appointments and loading the truck and trailer. Going to be a long, long week before noon on Sunday gets here. :)

27-Aug-18
Funny, While I am at work the clock seems to be in slow mode. When I get home and trying to get everything together time flies.

27-Aug-18
I had my son out this past weekend for his OTC hunt, we'll probably do a couple more weekends for him later in the season.

He and I are leaving on Thursday for my hunt. We are planing 5 nights away, we'll see how that goes.

Last weekend was a good primer and a good time to sort things out...like losing my spoon. *gone* That sucked. I feel like I may need to tether my next one to my pack.

He realized he forgot gloves, I never packed my base layers, my sleeping pad leaked, etc. Got most of it handled yesterday and will have my pack for my backpacking trip done tonight, minus water.

I am still of the opinion I am a few weeks behind compared to last year. Feels like I am scrambling too much to get ready.

• Sitka Gear