WV Mountaineer 27-Aug-18
Lever action 28-Aug-18
wildan 28-Aug-18
Will 28-Aug-18
wooddamon1 28-Aug-18
TC 28-Aug-18
kakiat kid 28-Aug-18
27-Aug-18
What are you guys seeing in your areas for acorns this year? After next to NONE here in Minnesota/Wisconsin last year I'm seeing a crop like never before this year...they're DEEP!

27-Aug-18
NE IA here and acorns are very plentiful this year. Had a forester in the area tell me a few years back that acorn crops go in 7 year cycles.

27-Aug-18
The oak trees by me are having a bumper crop. We've had way above normal moisture this summer, not sure if that has something to do with it or not, but they are off the charts.

27-Aug-18
Going to be a bumper crop here.

27-Aug-18
Not many in NW MO, but one lone oak tree was getting hammered this weekend. Deer were standing on their hind legs and ripping acorns off.

27-Aug-18
Hot and humid here in MN makes many fruit and nuts.

27-Aug-18
I can't get over how many acorns one oak can rain down; it's incredible! Gonna be tough to single out a good oak to hunt with acorns seemingly everywhere.

27-Aug-18
Tons. They're raining out of trees in n.e. iowa. Deer are on them hard too. Find a good oak, all the vegetation is trampled underneath.

27-Aug-18
The heavier the mast crop, the harder the hunting. Scattered, here. Makes for good movement.

27-Aug-18
Excellent crop in central MN.

27-Aug-18
Central Virginia is loaded.

27-Aug-18
Pretty heavy here.

28-Aug-18
not great in northeast ohio

28-Aug-18
White oaks are loaded this year;also a bumper crop of apples and cherry;upstate N.Y.

28-Aug-18
Past few years in MA and CT were epic in the areas I mostly hunt. A few spots it was like walking on marbles. This year there are acorns, a decent number of white oak nuts falling... Reds, blacks and pins are dropping ok. Those are not "wholly smokes" anyplace I hunt or explore... But they are not at the "wow, there are no acorns" level. Average I guess.

The two areas I hunt with Chestnut Oak's I've not seen any on the ground yet, but am hopeful... Those things are absolute deer magnets!

28-Aug-18
I was up at my camp over the weekend here in western MI, looks like it's gonna be one of those seasons with so many white oaks dropping acorns it'll be tough to zero in. I'll try, though ;)

28-Aug-18
After 2 years of no acorns in Northern Wisconsin this year the trees are just loaded. I was looking at a white oak last night (in between the monsoons) and don't think I have ever seen so many acorns.

28-Aug-18
Loaded here in the lower Hudson valley NY

• Sitka Gear