bdfrd24v 27-Aug-18
grubby 27-Aug-18
PAOH 27-Aug-18
Proline 27-Aug-18
DMTJAGER 28-Aug-18
Will 28-Aug-18
27-Aug-18

DMTJAGER's Link
Stumbled across what looks like a decent hang on stand for under $70 that I would be willing to hang in an area of an increased risk of being stolen. The stands are made by a company called "Copper Ridge". I have included link to Eder's where they are on sale. I am a rather large guy at 6'2" and about 245lbs. I simply can not bring myself to leave my Twisted Timber stands or my other discontinued irreplaceable hang on either. Lastly if anyone can recommend a solid well made cheep stand under $100 please by all means do so.

27-Aug-18
That copper ridge stand looks super heavy. I've had good luck with the F&S hang on. Got a few on sale last year for $65. Looks like they are 89 now. Pretty similar size platform at about 7 less lbs. I find 20lbs a bear to hang up 20' in a tree.

Good luck on your purchase.

27-Aug-18
I have lots of sportsmans guide stands, cheap and are just as good as the mid range steel stands that cost 3x as much.

27-Aug-18
X2 on Field & Stream Timberline hang ons

27-Aug-18
I use the field and stream too. Sign up for dick sporting goods emails. They often have flash sales for a few hours at random times and you can get them incredibly cheap.

28-Aug-18
Thanks for the input so far. I checked Copper Ridge's website and they list the stand weight as 17lbs. My best guess as to why it's listed at 27lbs is that is the shipping weight? Will look at the F&S Timberline hang ons.

28-Aug-18
I dont do a lot of hunting out of fixed position stands any more... but I have a few for certain spots. Point blank, the F and S ones noted above are solid and easy to use. And as Proline said, if you watch sales, you can get them CHEAP. I think the last two I bought were 30 bucks! Still stinks if they are stolen, but, a lot less of a cost than a most stands.

• Sitka Gear