HorbachJ 29-Aug-18
HorbachJ 30-Aug-18
Hawkeye 30-Aug-18
HorbachJ 14-Sep-18
Charlie Rehor 15-Sep-18
HorbachJ 15-Sep-18
Charlie Rehor 15-Sep-18
27-Aug-18
Hey guys I’m New to this site and this is my first post. I’m bow hunting MN whitetail, this will be my second year with the bow. So I’m looking to finish out my Sitka gear with some pants and I’m debating between the new Sitka ESW pant or the Ascent SubAlpine. Mostly stand sitting and hoping to just layer til it’s time to put the Bibs on (hoping it doesn’t get that late). I have the fanatic vest and hoody already. Thanks!

27-Aug-18
Those are going to be darn similar, although I'd give the nod to ESW since you're sitting a stand. They are after all designed for whitetail versus the Ascents, so all the features are quieter.

27-Aug-18
What are your thoughts on the subalpine for stand sitting, especially early season whitetail

27-Aug-18
For me, they're pretty similar, but the ESW are lighter...Wearing both right now on stands and hunts, and the ESW is a bit cooler...The Subalpine camo goes well in the trees, as far as hunting in Oaks go where I'm at...

28-Aug-18
Subalpine would work great in trees. It has a LOT of contrast. Just not the gray/white that E2 has, but plenty good IMO.

Ike: I didn't realize ESW are even lighter than the Ascent. I love the new/current version of Ascent for hot weather hunting here in NM, but if the ESW is even lighter/cooler I may give them a try. Can't imagine that, because the Ascent are light & airy and dry fast, but maybe worth trying.

28-Aug-18
Charlie Rehor is extremely knowledgeable on the subject of Sitka clothing. Hopefully, he will respond to your post. Welcome aboard to Bowsite.

29-Aug-18
The ascent pant is lighter than the ESW by 3oz (12oz. vs. 15.3 oz). Not a huge difference but I haven't found a pair of hunting pants more comfortable than the Sitka ascent. Certainly won't keep you warm but they're very lightweight and fast drying. Perfect early season pant for the stand or anything else in my opinion. I actually prefer the Sitka big game collection over the whitetail selection even for stand hunting until it gets really cold. When it gets cold, items like the stratus bib make long sits really nice.

29-Aug-18
Ok guys thanks for all the responses! How about the equinox pants? I’m trying to keep the cost below 200$ and these are also in that category. Also Which of these would be best for layering til it’s freezing? Im going to look this afternoon and hope to make my purchase!

30-Aug-18
Well I checked out the ascent pants and could t find any ESWs at either Cabela’s or Archery Country so I snatched up the Equinox from AC. They seemed much thicker and heavier than the Ascent pants. Im pretty sure I’ll appreciate them much more. I also don’t feel like I’m wearing Yoga Pants with the Equinox...

30-Aug-18
You made the right call with the Equinox. I hunt here in Iowa and they will get you through a lot. The ascent is definitely 'yoga'-ish ;) The new ones at least.

Give the stratus a look as well. The jacket and pants are my go to from Halloween through end of November.

14-Sep-18
Thanks! I would love to get into a little more insulated like the stratus bib but not this year!

15-Sep-18
Two new items this year worth getting for sure:

Equinox Hoody and Celcius Midi

Wowser!!!!!!!

15-Sep-18
Thanks Charlie, I already have the fanatic hoody, how would I benefit with the equinox hoody?

15-Sep-18
I have both but the Equinox Hoody would be for an outer layer and a bit colder temp. The Fanatic Vest would then be a great choice to wear over it in colder weather. So many combo’s to keep us out there all season.

Big fan of all the hoody’s light to heavyweight.

Celcius Midi is a great mid-layer.

• Sitka Gear