Bassmaster9960 27-Aug-18
jfish 27-Aug-18
Lark Bunting 27-Aug-18
Matt 27-Aug-18
RJ Hunt 27-Aug-18
x-man 28-Aug-18
DMTJAGER 28-Aug-18
27-Aug-18
I just bought some Magnus stings and was wondering if the blades need to line up with my vanes or does it not matter

27-Aug-18
Some will say yes and for years I lined them all up with vanes. I now tune my BHs by chasing fieldpt and they fly exactly the same and I see no difference as to how they are aligned. That’s goes for VPAs, G5’s, Germans Kentics, Muzzy, Slicktricks, pretty much everything I have tried. So bottom line I think if your bow is tuned in and arrows matched, vane/broadhead alignment really has little impact.

PS: after all that I still align them all alike! LOL!

Why chance it!

27-Aug-18
From what I am seeing it does not matter if your bow is in tune.

27-Aug-18
I prefer to index my BH's so they are all oriented the same relative to one another, as much to keep the fletching from touching in the quiver and making noise as anything.

27-Aug-18
On my stingers it makes no difference but I am so OCD I always line the main blade straight up and down.

28-Aug-18
It has nothing to do with the arrow in flight.

However... if your bow tune is marginal or if your form is marginal you may get a few "fliers" with a largish two-blade. For this reason I would keep them all the same in relation to your cock fletch so they come out of the bow at the same angle (vertical, horizontal or whatever flies the best for you).

28-Aug-18
I'm about to fletch a dozen arrows and will index my 3 blade BH's to my fletchings and compare them against the 8 others that I have that are not and report my findings. I never have indexed them and never gave it any thought.

• Sitka Gear