TEmbry 28-Aug-18
WV Mountaineer 28-Aug-18
SteveB 29-Aug-18
OFFHNTN 29-Aug-18
wilhille 29-Aug-18
SteveB 29-Aug-18
Single bevel 31-Aug-18
28-Aug-18
I know it’s been discussed but can’t find it. Would love a few recommendations on lightweight, great value dry bags if anyone has any? Thanks!

28-Aug-18

Buckskin21's Link
I use the outdoor research roll top bag that Kifaru sells. Waterproof durable and light weight

28-Aug-18
I have dry bags from OR, several from sealine, MR and just picked up a sitka one. They pretty much all work fine.

28-Aug-18
Yes. It ain’t rocket science. Most of mine are snugpack or OR

28-Aug-18
Thanks everyone. Rocket science no.....but weight is critical and recommendations usually are pretty good around here ??

28-Aug-18
I have some from OR, S2S, Kuiu, Sealine, etc.

Dry bags for me have two trains of thought. If plan is to always be inside the pack at all times then I get the lightest ones available because durability shouldn’t matter. If used as exterior gear bags then the reinforced ones from OR are amazing (think these are the brown ones sold by Kifaru if I remember right). I got like 6 of these on clearance at a hiking store several years back and don’t foresee them ever wearing out.

28-Aug-18
Steve, I apologize for my answer. However, I won't let the 3 ounces a heavy duty one weighs over a light duty one make a difference to me. So, I never saw much use in making a big deal out something so trivial. Which is why I said what I said the way I said it. That wasn't the most useful or elegant way of putting it.

As Tembry said, Both OR and Snug pack make very resilient sacks that will stand up to a lot of use. Choose wisely though as if they aren't protected by the pack bag, they will end up with holes in them if you don't get a tougher bag like the snugpak or OR. Light in the sense that a lighter bag will save you does really no good.

29-Aug-18
WV Mountaineer....no issues - Its all good! I appreciate the input. In this case, I will be packing my gear into the dry bags, then stored in my duffle for the flights. Then the dry bags into panniers on the horses for my pack in hunt 10 days plus one in and out.

29-Aug-18
I use Sea to Summit and they have been fantastic.

29-Aug-18
My recommendation is to get a clear one. Especially since they are going to be used in panniers with all of your equipment in different bags. Easy to just pick them up and see their contents without emptying.

29-Aug-18
Wanted to let everyone here know that Sierra Trading has Waypoint 40 Litre dry bags available on clearance right now for $9.99 each!

31-Aug-18
I really like my Sea To Summit bags. The are a breathable, compression-style dry bag so they really compact fluffy gear. I get lots more space in my pack with a compression bag. I consider a sleeping bag as important as any other survival equipment so it always goes in a dry bag and then in the pack. I want to protect it and keep it dry as much as possible. There are few bags out there that are truly DRY bags. Most of them depend on roll-down closures and if they are submerged for any period of time, water eventually leaks in. But there are some new generation bags that use a heavy duty zip-lock style closure. I also own a few of that type that are made by Watershed. They are top quality and are truly waterproof bags. Mine do not have any type of air bleeder valve so air must be squeezed out as best as possible. They are less compressible than the Sea To Summit bags but I don't put them inside a pack. They are just attached to the inside of the raft and contents stay completely dry even in the wildest whitewater and rafter abuse. The model of Watershed bags I own are duffle bag style that have a side opening. Gear is a lot easier to access than with a traditional top-load bag. Watershed has a wide variety of bag styles. I've owned a ton of dry bags for many years. I haven't seen a more dependable bag than Watershed. https://www.drybags.com

• Sitka Gear