buc i 313 28-Aug-18
ground hunter 28-Aug-18
grubby 28-Aug-18
LBshooter 28-Aug-18
LBshooter 28-Aug-18
Franklin 28-Aug-18
Rut Nut 28-Aug-18
28-Aug-18
I have very little experience with climbing stands but I do have a couple of spots I could use one. I'm really not willing to spend a lot on one for the limited use it would get. has anyone had any experience with the sub $200 stands? X stand makes a pretty cheap one and sportsmans guide has a couple cheapies.

28-Aug-18
I found a summit climber on Craigslist, hardly used for 150. Keep your eyes open and hop on a deal. Jeff

28-Aug-18
I have owned and used the sportsman's guide climbers, and have killed deer from them. That said, they are heavy and not the best built stands. I gave both of mine away.

28-Aug-18
the x stand claims 16 pounds, the SGs are around 30. Weight would not be a huge concern.

28-Aug-18
I have used several. I have a Summit Viper SD, good stand, I do not like the XP, does not pack down enough for me,,,,,, I really like the xop, but hard to get a hold of one, they are behind in production......

My Summit is 18lbs. You can get a Lone Wolf or XOP hand climber I think they come in at about 13 pounds.

What has taken off the weight of my climber, is I purchased a Tree Stand Transportation System from xop, it has taken the weight of the stand off my back for the most part.....

Some do not like the hand climber, but its easy to use, they just use it wrong,,,, its as easy as a sit and climb, if you know what your doing.....

28-Aug-18
Speaking from experience, I would strongly advise against buying a climbing deer stand (or any deer stand) based simply on the price point. There are far too many benefits to buying the right stand that outweigh the possibility of saving $100 (or less).

Evaluate your needs, do your research, and then shop around to buy the stand that best fulfills your needs. You may not spend more than you originally intended, and if you do, you'll probably save money in the long run and be much happier with the results by buying the right stand the first time.

28-Aug-18
that's what I'm doing ;)

28-Aug-18
Muddy stalker

28-Aug-18
Keep an eye on Craigslist and you'll get a great stand at a cheap price. I bought a lone wolf climber on there years ago from a guy for 60 bucks. Most stands on there are hardly used, owner didn't like it or had a bad experience with it, looking to unload.

28-Aug-18
You only need one so you should buy the nicest one on the market regardless of cost. Whats an extra $200 when your safety and comfort are at stake

28-Aug-18
You actually may spend more if you get a cheap one. Eventually you get tired of the weight, and function and end up buying a good stand anyway.

28-Aug-18
I have used a Summit Viper, for perhaps 20 years ? I've never found any difficulty in transporting my S' Viper to it to my selected tree and I hunt in steep hill country.

Tried a LW Sit n Climb, didn't particularly care for it.

Just saying , when it comes to long sit's in a tree stand, comfort is hard to beat.

* Personally I would inspect any used metal stand for cracks of the welded area's on a used stand along with the wear an tear (abuse) it has been through before purchasing. "Be safe, be happy, be well."

28-Aug-18
no matter what you buy, they are all noisy,,,,, buy some stealth strips out of MI, you can easily quiet and metal to metal contact,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

also order from 3rd Hand suspension straps,,, you can go on You Tube and see how they will make your stand better,,,,,, best thing I put on my Summit

28-Aug-18
all good advise, I bet even the crappiest climber now days is better than the last one I used 10+ years ago.

28-Aug-18
Oh yea, if your going to climb make sure you spend for a quality safety harness, and wear it.

28-Aug-18
Oh yea, if your going to climb make sure you spend for a quality safety harness, and wear it.

28-Aug-18
The best bowhunting climber that is "reasonably priced" is the "Open Shot" by Summit. I agree with the looking at used stands with mild use.

28-Aug-18
Been using a Summit for 15+ years. First a Viper then switched to an Open Shot. I like the Viper, but the Open Shot is the ultimate as far as weight, comfort and Pack ability. You can’t beat it IMHO!

• Sitka Gear