BUCKeye 20-Sep-18
Tyler 21-Sep-18
MedwayHunter 23-Sep-18
Turkeyhunter 24-Sep-18
PABuckChaser 28-Sep-18
Trial153 28-Sep-18
Bill S 06-Oct-18
28-Aug-18
Any info on this camp? This will be my 1st trip to Newfoundland. Has anyone carried bow and rifle together?

28-Aug-18

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
Here is a photo of the lodge. Pretty nice digs.

28-Aug-18

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
Try the moose nose, if you get a chance.

28-Aug-18
As to carrying a bow and a rifle, can't help you there. Bowonly

28-Aug-18
^^^^^^^

Lol. Thats funny

28-Aug-18
Conne River is a good outfitting business. Rut should start Sepember 22nd or 23rd this fall....It has been very hot in NF this summer and this week. Good Luck.

29-Aug-18
When are you going? I will be up there the week of the 17th. Hoping for some cooler weather to start the rut a few days early!

29-Aug-18
I will be hunting sept 10-15 and this will be my first trip to Newfoundland.

01-Sep-18
Best of luck on the trip. We will be arriving the day you leave. Look forward to seeing some pics here

05-Sep-18
I will be at the same camp the 29th of sept- 6 october! Getting psyched!

05-Sep-18
Are you men bowhunting? Not that it matters to me, I am looking hard at Newfoundland myself and it seems that bowhunters are a small minority of those killing bulls there. I'm sure thats the reality of most moose outfitters across Canada, but NF seems to be far less bowhunter friendly than the others. May be my own perception, but thats where I'm at...

Looking forward to the hunt reports either way!

05-Sep-18
I will try to provide update shortly after this hunt. Thank you for info provided.

06-Sep-18
Good luck TI-PA.

I will be rifle hunting on this trip.

06-Sep-18
I’m doing rifle as well. Goodluck!

09-Sep-18
Not answering your questions but figured I would give you guys an update. Currently guiding in NFLD. We have had frost for the last 3 nights in the south west.Mature bulls are rounding up cows already.

11-Sep-18
Heard first bull grunt last night and big bulls started shedding velvet....its that time of the year again. Good Luck.

13-Sep-18

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Killed a nice one on the 11th

13-Sep-18
Awesome. Who do you guide for?

14-Sep-18
the question about bow vs gun is a good call out. success rates for moose are through the roof on the island..................and nearly everyone rifle hunts. our results with a bow may be different.

it's not that the place or people are not bow-friendly...............just that few do it with archery gear.

14-Sep-18
Very nice pics. You managed to pose that bull nicely Ty! Congrats again.

14-Sep-18
There was one outfitter took 30 moose into butcher on Tuesday....thats on the 2nd day of the hunt.....Great success so far....Good luck to all hunters. TH

14-Sep-18
Great bull. I am headed to Dollands Pond next weekend and can't wait.

14-Sep-18
Hunted Dolland Pond twice and got a bull both times. Not thick but you should be able to have a shot opportunity in a week's time IMO. Anyone who hunts NF with a gun had better find a different guide/area if you don't have a shot opportunity. Gotta be close to 100% depending upon how fussy you are.

14-Sep-18
I am not picky, first bull inside of 40 yds is in trouble.

20-Sep-18
Any updates on the guys who went? I leave next Thursday.

20-Sep-18
I leave on saturday. Good luck to all.

21-Sep-18
Bulls rutting hard now coming to calls rounding up cows frosty mornings you guys should have a good hunt. killed another big one this week.

23-Sep-18
Slow week for us. 50% kill. Nothing big at all. Not responding to calls much but could be a good week. Weather was wet and windy and not much movement

24-Sep-18
Bulls are on the move....lots hitting the ground...heavy frost this morning and tags were getting filled. Good Luck to all Moose Hunters this fall. TH

28-Sep-18
On our way back from Newfoundland. Was a rifle hunt, we went 6 for 6. 5 Bulls and 1 cow, all shot in the first 1 1/2 days. Saw a lot of moose, bulls were coming to calls and searching for cows.

28-Sep-18
Rifles are the biggest reason bow hunters fail on NF, by the third day they switch over to a gun and fill out. Having a back up plan that includes rifle as back up is sure way to fail bowhunting.

06-Oct-18

Bill S's embedded Photo
Bill S's embedded Photo
I took a nice bull on Friday morning at a spike camp from Conne river outfitting. We saw 6 moose, all bulls, 2 bears, and 15 caribou. 6 out of 6 in our main camp. All bulls.

• Sitka Gear